What do you do?

Options
What do you do when you don't feel well? I woke up feeling like garbage this morning and didn't make it off the sofa until 1:00, and I've had absolutely no appetite. I know it's important to eat all of your calories, and I've made myself eat a couple things today, but I don't think I'll make my calorie count for today. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow. What do you guys do in that situation?? Thanks!

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel well I don't eat my calories. I personally feel that my body will tell me when it's hungry. I don't starve myself though. I do eat a little bit but don't worry if I am under my calories for that one day

I hope you feel better soon
  • missy0709
    Options
    Eat what you can when you can. When I feel sick I don't force food down, but I will try to drink broth or something like that just to make sure I have something on my stomach. Crackers are also my buddies when I am just not wanting food, but need something on my stomach. I hope you get well soon!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Drink your water and feel better !
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Feel well soon, when you are sick, one tends to lose their appetite, its expected, don't force yourself to eat. Try and stay hydrated and eat what you can.....
  • kara_leigh
    Options
    Thanks! I'm glad I don't have to feel like I need to cram food into my face just to meet my calorie goal. LOL Thanks for the well wishes! :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Soup, soup, soup! My mom has a great recipe for vegetable soup, she calls it "When You're Sick Soup". It's just a tomato based soup with potatoes, celery, carrots, corn, LOTS of garlic and ginger, and crushed red pepper. It's spicy and delicious. I will eat bowl after bowl full, usually with lots of bread or saltines because my mom makes it super spicy. But by the second bowl I always completely better.
  • kcole83
    kcole83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hot soup and chunky bread if you feel you can stomach it. It's always so soothing when your ill to lay in bed with a bowl of soup. Least you're getting a bulk of calories from dunking the bread in! Feel Better x
  • kcole83
    kcole83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Or have a cuppa and dunk some biscuits in... maybe some choc chip cookies, the chocolate will help i'm sure!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Don't force yourself to eat if you're sick. Hopefully you'll feel well enough to eat your calories tomorrow.