Is There A Way I Can Get Rid Of The Smell Of Tap Water

Options
Is There A Way I Can Get Rid Of The Smell Of Tap Water Our Tap water isnt good is there a way i can get rid of the smell

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can get either a faucet filter or a pitcher with a filter. Brita has several different options and they work really well.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Is There A Way I Can Get Rid Of The Smell Of Tap Water Our Tap water isnt good is there a way i can get rid of the smell

A little bit of lemon juice or a slice of lemon will help.

Vickie
  • Slinks33
    Slinks33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I live in the city and purchased a reverse osmosis filter system at Lowe's because my dog had allergies to the city water. Now I notice the smell of the water when I do not drink the filtered so that may be a good way to go. The system costs about 100 bucks but the filters last for 6 months + and it is easy to install!
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I just use a water cooler and fill the jugs at the grocery store, the tap water is gross here also!! I love mine because it will also heat the water to the perfect tea temp!!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i bought one of those pitchers is kinda slow to filter i wish i had bought the screw on tap kind
  • cehrenhaus
    Options
    We got a Dupont filter system, it takes about $30 to set it up and $11 every 6 months to replace the filter. Our water tastes and smells much better now!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, like 10 topics in one day. I think that's a record.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you even need to run water through a filter twice. My daughter just told me this morning that she used to do that at school.