looking for friends with similar goals/stats

Options
Hey everyone! I've been on mfp for almost a month now & have lost 11 pounds since December 1:) I am looking for friends with similar stats/goals to mine, with an open diary preferable (I like looking at meal ideas/calorie intakes for inspiration/motivation).

I am 23 years old, female, from NW arkansas, 5'1", and am currently 154 pounds (started at 165). My ultimate goal is 130-140! Would love some friends with similar details & goals :D

Replies

• janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I started (again inMay) and lost about 40 lbs. I'm 4 - 5 lbs away from my goal. I'm 5'4" and started at 178. My goal weight is 135. Feel free to add me. I'm on daily. I've been slacking on the diary a bit the past few weeks because of the holiday, but come Thursday it's back on full force diary and exercise wise. I started out hating running and in August tried running again. I consider myself a runner now, totally amazing. 6 months ago I never thought I'd be where I am now. I'm happy to help and support any way I can and always looking for new friends :-)
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi

It doesnt matter what you eat, as long as you dont go over your calories.

Try calculating your BMI and see where you are at.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Once you found where your ideal normal range is, then calculate your BMR for your ideal weight in mind.

Plug in your calories to MFP and adjust your settings to light active, very active etc...

Then, try eating on a deficit of 300-500 calories 5x/week and be on maintenance on weekends.

on your spare time, try to get some type of exercise either walking, cardio, weights etc...

Hope this helps.