GAINED 16 LBS IN 3 WEEKS!! HELP!!!

Options
Hey guys.. I feel like I'm crying right now.. on Christmas Eve.. On St Nicholas, 5 december, I started overeating (holiday) then one day not.. and another day overeating.. on cookies.. etc etc.. untill yesterday.. alot of chocolate and cookies. and alot. and today I weighed myself and guess what.. It showed 68.1 kg and 3 weeks ago it was 59,8 .. I feel so discouraged and bad and I hate myself :(
Please help :(

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    its most likely water weight. drink a ton of water and get in a lot of fiber. (ok well maybe not all of that 16 lbs is water weight but I bet a lot of it is)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    How much were you overeating? That is 5 lbs a week which would be crazy. Especially if you only overate every other day. My guess depending on your diet prior to letting loose is a 5-10 lb water/ gly. Stores increase. Which would put your real weight gain at less. I would be good starting now and then go full force good on the 26th. Don't weigh until the 28th and see how much you are still up. Then just accept that as the price you paid for letting loose for that long and work the weight back down normally.
  • xbeingawesome33x
    Options
    How much were you overeating? That is 5 lbs a week which would be crazy. Especially if you only overate every other day. My guess depending on your diet prior to letting loose is a 5-10 lb water/ gly. Stores increase. Which would put your real weight gain at less. I would be good starting now and then go full force good on the 26th. Don't weigh until the 28th and see how much you are still up. Then just accept that as the price you paid for letting loose for that long and work the weight back down normally.

On wednesday, last week (18 dec) I weighed 62.2 . I logged everything and I was over but definitely not over 50,000 calories
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You would had to eat roughly 2600 calories over your tdee A DAY! to gain 16lbs of fat in 21 days, yes some will be fat and the vast majority will be water weight, there is only one person that can get this train back on track and thats you.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. Throughout Dec I have gone from 10st 4 back up to 10st 13. I am trying not to go too crazy over it, but that is easierbsaid than done. I feel like an overstuffed sausage right now. :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    definitely fat.. there's no hope...
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Just put down the donut and move on - you can't go back, only forward. And smile, it's Christmas and people will wonder what you have been up to!
  • pinktac0
    Options

doing much self-loathing lately?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

doing much self-loathing lately?

no. you?