Loss of Stamina

Options
Lately I just can't do what I used to be able to. 6 months ago I was in the last 2 weeks of P90X and making it through most of the workout without much issue- fast forward a little and I can't even make it through an entire Jillian Michaels video. I've worked out consistently at least 5 days a week since then so its not like I took a big break and am starting over. The workouts aren't "hard" per say... I simply just can't do them. I don't know how else to explain it. My muscles don't feel fatigued its almost like my body itself is tired. Even my running has suffered. I usually get about 6mph for about 3 miles but my last run I did 4.8mph and thought I was going to die. I can't get good breaths. I get dizzy. Its not a good time. I've gained weight. Its like a crazy train I can't stop. Any suggestions? I want to feel the sore muscles again. I want to feel hot again. I need help.

Replies

• Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    maybe overtraining I did the rushfit dvd's and they suggest taking a week or 2 off after each 2 month program. You should probably see a doctor for the dizzyness and short of breath feeling
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Overtraining and undereating.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options

^ This! I was doing too much cardio for a while and noticed I was getting weaker when weight lifting. Don't be afraid to eat a bit more and take some rest days. You need them.
  • themelmac
    themelmac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat in a day?

I was getting fatigued during some of my runs and couldn't figure out why. Then, I started eating more - only 100 calories or so - and it made all the difference in the world.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to look at your nutrition... You have to make sure that after workouts you are giving your body the stuff it needs to replenish at the cellular level. It is also a good idea to check with a DR and make sure there is not something else going on. Those symptoms could be diabetes, annemia, etc, etc....
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Eating enough to fuel your workouts is important and will catch up to you. As you get leaner, this becomes a more real phenomenon. While a new thing to learn and manage, I see it as a badge of honor. It is also important to rest and cycle your workout routines.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Yep
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    I'd go to my doctor.
    Probably under eating and dehydration. But I'd still go see a doctor just to make sure.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I experienced this too, exactly as you described. I let it go on for several months and it got steadily worse over time, though I'd have a good day here and there - often enough that I was able to reassure myself that things were okay. When I eventually went to the doctor, after passing out one morning while packing my kids' lunches. Turns out I was severely anemic. It took many months to recuperate to a "low normal" iron level. And a few more months beyond that to get back to the same fitness level I was at before it all started unraveling.