The Little Things

Options
This morning I stepped on the scale and weighed the same as I did last week - it was a disappointment for sure.

My boyfriend and parents have been complimenting me on weightloss, but I've been talking to them (practically non-stop) about it, so they have more cause to notice it. Sometimes I think (on my down days, when I don't see any progress myself) that they are just saying it to encourage me and keep me from giving up, but that they don't see a difference.

But then I got to work today. And a coworker who had been away for a month said "Wow!!! You look amazing, have you been working out?" And for the first time in my life I could say yes!! I felt great for the rest of the day - proud that people were noticing. I got home and did my hardest workout yet because I am so reassured and motivated now that someone noticed! 23 pounds to go... I've come this far, I can go the rest of the way!

Replies

• Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    That is awesome to hear. I know I love it when co-workers compliment me as well. I wish you the best in the rest of your journey!! :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    you look awesome and keep up the good work :) and lol the little things always reminds me of zombie land at the end eating a twinky
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    27 pounds is a huge accomplishment! I'm soooo looking forward to being able to say the same. KEEP. IT. UP!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    very nice! and 27 lbs is incredible!! you're an inspiration to the rest of us!
  • peales23
    Options
    congratulations on doing so well! Don't forget that as you exercise you are going to tone up, which doesn't always translate to weight loss on the scale. Personally, I look at the way my clothes fit (or don't as I get smaller), as opposed to what the scale says, although I do really enjoy watching the numbers go down.

Keep up the great work!
  • katoka97
    katoka97 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, 27lbs...be proud of yourself and keep going,..we are our own worst critics...
    good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!