Ketogenic Dieters!!!

Options
:smile: Hello fellow MFP friends. I am not new to MFP. Been here for quite some time but recently about 2 months ago I switched to ketogenic living. Yes I feel great since going keto. I lost a bunch of weight and am now maintaining. I'm trying to covert fa to muscle and learn how to cook keto recipes.

I need help and support. Any keto dieters out there? Please add me. Also I start weight training today and any MFP memebers doing weight training as well, please add me too! I could use help and tips with that as well.

I'm a 32 too year old nursing student, female of course. I'm 5'6.5 and weigh 123 pounds with a body fat of 20.8%

Add me?

Replies

• Maybelline120
    Maybelline120 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also an intermediate faster if anyone's interested in that as well for support. I do the 18/6 eveeryday!
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm also following a keto diet, 75/20/5 fat/protein/carb ratio. I've only been on it a couple of weeks but have seen much benefit. I was on a fairly low carb regime before that, but am now more careful about not overdoing either my carbs or protein.

My motivation is slightly different than losing weight (not that I can't afford to lose some) but I've seen lots of benefit so far in that regard.

More than that, I am really convinced that most of the diet information being given out by experts is completely wrong, and even harmful. So I also see it as a more healthy way of eating, despite the stigma associated with a diet high in saturated fats.

Out of interest, do you measure your keytones?

I'm also thinking of incorporating some intermittant fasting into my regime, either through 18/6 or else perhaps a 5:2 type.

All the best
  • sdefranc
    sdefranc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    BTW I don't do any weight training however there are plenty of bodybuilder forums that discuss training on this diet, you could check but if I remember what I have read then they recommend some carb intake after training however it needs a bit of research I think.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since late July. As of today, down 30 lbs, from 165 to 135 at 5ft8. Today and tomorrow I'm going off keto a bit and I don't feel guilty about it because it's the holidays and once the holidays are done, I'm back on keto and will succeed! I was weight training, but instead have decided to try Wii Fit routines.