weight & measurements

Options
:embarassed: How often should I weigh myself & take measurements.....

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I do mine once a week. Everyone is different but I find if I do it any more frequently I can get frustrated and obsessed about it. Plus, your weight can fluctuate day to day even depending on how much water you drink. It's more accurate to do it weekly, in my opinion.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    I like to weigh once a week. I weigh only first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. I only weigh on one scale and use that weight only. (Otherwise you wil go crazy with the different weights.) Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: How often should I weigh myself & take measurements.....

Weighing in and taking measurements is a personal thing. I, personally, weigh in every day - I am motivated by both decreases and increases in the numbers. When the numbers go down - it gives me so much assurance that I can do this. When the numbers go up, I am motivated to do better. I measure myself 1 time a week. I can feel my clothes becoming looser, so measuring is just not that big of a deal to me. buying smaller clothes and then having them be too big within a week or two - now that's huge for me.

Blessings

Vickie
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    I weigh in officially on here once a week (same time same day) but I will check periodically through the week. I measure every other week. Inches take a bit longer to come off so I only measure 2 times a month.

But it's whatever works for you.
  • MonkeyMoo08
    Options
    I weigh once a week, on Friday morning before breakfast. I take my measurements once a month, on the same date (the 7th). I agree that everyone does things differently, so choose a method that is good for you. Consistency will allow for the most accurate results, so just make sure you stick with the method you choose.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh once a week, same time, in the morning after I use the bathroom on the same scale. My trainer said it's best to do it every 4-6 weeks (which would KILL me), but he says that's the most accurate way to check progress since any program is usually a 90 day program. I think it's really up to you, but I'd get very frustrated if I decided to weigh every day.
  • Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, I don't record it every day though. I just prefer to do it like that because even if I'm the slightest bit heavier than the day before I tend to do more exercise which doesn't hurt me.
  • twicethespice
    Options
    I weigh everyday and take measurements once a week. Some may think that's too much but I do not get upset if there is little to no change. Things take time.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and do measurements monthly.