Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    spinach baked ziti and roasted broccoli with garlic
  • hipomix
    Options
    Everything you can imagine willl end in my stomach :P
  • A repeat of Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional foods: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie, etc.
    I'm looking forward to the day when I can start some of my own traditions, including being more innovative with the menu.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Clean the left overs out of the fridge so: Nachos, mashed potatoes, chicken, veggies, etc.
    Dessert tonight = peppermint stick ice cream with home made hot fudge sauce

tomorrow:
    Swiss Steak with homemade mushroom gravy
    mashed potatoes
    homemade rolls
    green beans
    carrots
    corn
    brown rice

Dessert - frostbite (YUMMY goodness of custard, egg whites, and whipping cream with grated chocolate on the top)

Note: no potatoes, carrots, corn, or rolls for me because of allergies
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    standing rib roast
    roasted potatoes
    mashed squash
    bread
    red wine < repeat about six times...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,680 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve was beef estouffade with barley pilaf and grilled asparagus.

Christmas lunch logs in at 1014 cals before wine. Nam Prik Ong with raw veg (google it) followed by more traditional fare. Roast chicken with bread stuffing with bacon and raisins. Cranberry sauce and roast brussel sprouts. Clafoutis with whipped cream for dessert. A guest is bringing Spanish charcuterie and cheeses which I haven't logged yet.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve tradition: oyster stew! ;)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We are ordering in Pizza and Wings and Beer.... That away we can spend more time playing with the kids and less time preparing food and doing dishes.... Plus I could eat Pizza 7 days a week so sounds good to me... lol
  • vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Smoked Prime Rib
    Mashed Potatoes
    Green Beans
    Salad
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    We are ordering in Pizza and Wings and Beer.... That away we can spend more time playing with the kids and less time preparing food and doing dishes.... Plus I could eat Pizza 7 days a week so sounds good to me... lol
    Family. You, sir, are doing it right.

We have a Christmas tradition: candy for breakfast. Dinner will be whatever my MIL prepares, and it'll be great because I didn't have to make it. :happy:
  • Npettersen
    Options
    Tonight? Homemade chicken pot pie (a healthier version)

Tomorrow? Local ham ( from 20 miles down the road!)
    Smashed potatoes
    Steamed carrots
    Veggie & sage stuffing
    Yams
    Fresh rolls
    Maple creme brulee
    Lots of pickles/olives/etc.

Merry Christmas!!!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    im bringing vegies and homemade dips for entree. there will be cheese and crackers, nuts for entree too. prawns ham turkey and about 7 salads for lunch with crabberry sauce. mangoes and cherries, fruit salad, christmas pudding and tiramasu for dessert. and lots of new dishes each year too. about 30+ people come so plenty of opportunity for healthy food
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's menu:

Stuffed turkey breast
    Slow cooker stuffing (extra, because I find the one in the breast too wet and mushy)
    Honey roasted root vegetable medley (carrots, turnip, fennel, sweet potato and onion)
    Roast potatoes (my dad is bringing those, along with the gravy)
    Scalloped brussels sprouts
    Vanilla eggnog cheesecake

Tonight I had leftovers... gotta get the fridge cleared out.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Tonight-Thai fried rice with chicken and shrimp dumplings

Tomorrow-salad, Italian bread, whole wheat cappellini pasta with a sauce containing shrimp, clams and halibut.
    For dessert-variety of Xmas cookies and pumpkin, cherry and pecan pie!
    Oh and lots of wine!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Fried turkey
    home made cranberries
    french fries
    crescent rolls
    dressing
    shrimp and cocktail sauce
    Beer
    White wine
    Pumpkin pie
    Some kind of pretzel/chocolate pie thing my mom made
    And probably something green. Need to get something green.

And cookies.

And cinnamon rolls.

Yep. Tomorrow doesn't get calorie counted. It's Christmas. Don't be a fuddy duddy.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    A repeat of Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional foods: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie, etc.
    I'm looking forward to the day when I can start some of my own traditions, including being more innovative with the menu.

I can relate - my hubs insists on another Thanksgiving meal, and I'm tired of it. At least I know how to cook it all pretty well by now :-) Happy Holidays
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Breakfast will be bacon and eggs. Dinner is Turkey legs and thighs (only 2 of us so not worth making a big turkey), mashed potatoes, green beans and stuffing with lemon pie for dessert!!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A repeat of Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional foods: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie, etc.

I can relate - my hubs insists on another Thanksgiving meal, and I'm tired of it. At least I know how to cook it all pretty well by now :-) Happy Holidays

Perhaps they could make it then!