Obvi pop isnt good but..

Options
so i really like pop, diet pop is fine too..i KNOW obviously pop is not good for you, diet or not with all the asparteme n whatnot....BUT i was wondering if people are still successful with weightloss if they have a pop or two a day? does it make a big diff? i know pop goes right to the gut to, which is my worst proplemo. also i KNOW there are subsitutues, but who drinks popppp out thereee

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i still drink soda on a daily basis. I havn't been able to get rid of it from my diet. I just limit my self on the amont and drink water the rest of the day. I drink about 16 ouncs a day.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I know I shouldn't but I do still drink diet soda. No more than, um, 5ish times a week and just one 12oz can. I try to drink more water but I just don't get a lot of fluids daily, period.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks drinking way too much Diet Coke and even a few beers a day. It is all about the exercise and managing calories. Don't beat yourself up over the little stuff and preconcieved ideas about what is good for you.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you count it in your calories and don't overdo it. It's still okay to have the things you like but in moderation.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I always have a can of diet coke a day. It's my treat and I refuse to cut it out of my diet. If you are looking to cut it out, you can always go to the flavored sparkling water. I've heard it gives people that 'pop' fix.
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    I'm sure it's fine if you are staying at or under your goals for the day.

Just an FYI: If you did nothing but stop drinking regular pop and replace it with water, you would lose 10 pounds in a year!
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Coool thanks guys :) ill feel less guiltty!