Long Journey Ahead

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Nichelle, 21, and I'm hoping to gain friends on MFP who will help encourage and vise versa. I joined MFP a while ago but never committed to it 100%, but I am more than ready now. I've been overweight since the age of 9. Mind you no one else in my family is overweight so no one really knows my struggle. It hurts being the only one overweight in my family and I always, ALWAYS feel uncomfortable. (To be comfortable in my own skin is my #1 goal). Right now I weigh 250lbs (my highest ever) and I'm 5'3. All through high school I was 190 but gained 60lbs within the past 2 years. Coming to this website and seeing everyone's before and after pictures have really motivated me as well. Side Note: What does it mean when someone writes "bump" on your post? Lol. I look forward to talking and getting to know some of you soon!

- Chelle.

Replies

• chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "bring up my post"

it brings it back up to the trending topics.
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • ash9191
    ash9191 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichelle =)

I'm new to MFP and hoping to gain some friends (and lose some weight!) haha. I'll add you as a friend, and hopefully we can motivate each other. Anyone else, feel free to add me too - it'd be nice to be able to share this journey.
  • cameliamam
    Options
    Hi Nichelle !

I know your struggle! Everybody in my family is just insanely fit and I was the only one to be .... obese!

Don't despair, if the people here lost weight here, you can do it too!

I lost 60lbs in almost a year and even though I'm not overweight or anything anymore I still do want to shed a few pounds!

Add me if you want to so we can give each other some motivation in that journey ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Stay in your own skin and succeed. This is no one else's "project" and also no one else's business. Keep to yourself about your weight loss efforts, and nutrition goals. People really don't want to hear about it...

srs...I've watched these boards for six years. Your best support will be here. Make some "friends" and prosper.
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    After going out with a bf that was skinny and anyone that had a lot of weight on he would say something about them which made me mad. Swear he has a phobia of fat people. I have learned who cares what others think about you. Get to a place where you can say im happy with who I am but I can be better and work on that. This MFP even though I have been here a short time I have come to realize its nice to have people that know what you are going through and you can support each other.

Anyone who would like to add me so we can help each other.