The big question

Options
2»

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I'm logging everything. Today and tomorrow are still days in my life regardless of the holiday significance and food. If I go over (as I do some days) then I adjust my exercise to help burn some of that. I'd rather know the damage than not know it. I know I'm not maintaining as yet but felt it was important enough to respond to the topic. :smile:
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Over time I have discovered that if I don't log I only eat what I need to maintain.. When I log, I get caught in the I have x calories left; then eating them even though I am not hungry. I know study after study shows people who log do better, but I think I am actually one of the exceptions.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's just another day of logging and exercising.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will not log on Christmas, just as I didn't log on Thanksgiving. I will enjoy the food, and focus on family and friends and not how many calories each and every little bite is. That's not what is important to me tomorrow. But, I will try to get a good workout in to offset the extra I know I'll consume.

After all this time on MFP, I know my food choices will be mostly good and I know my belly will tell me when to stop munching. MFP is training wheels... after a significant time on here, you should be trained how to eat and shouldn't necessarily "need" to log anyway. Just my opinion. To each their own. Log if you think you need to. Don't log if you want to take a break. Enjoy the holiday either way!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging. Partly because weighing things isn't an option tomorrow, so I'll have no idea of portion sizes... and partly because I'm not logging again until January 1st. (I'm starting over again in 2014.) I'm going to eat things I like, but I won't go crazy... I aim to maintain, and if I do manage to lose, so much the better.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging - I'm enjoying my holiday and my treats, and I'll get back to clean eating and working out when it's done. It's that simple, and there should be no reason to feel guilty or stressed about what you're eating. It comes once a year, let's just be grateful that we have all this food when there are so many who don't, and relax & enjoy it with family.
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm eating what I want for today and tomorrow but I will be logging it for accountability purposes
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I log everything and pay attention to portion size on things that have a lot of calories. But I'll eat and drink whatever I want - and even as much of it as I want today.

I did pre-log (unusual for me) just to see where I think my calories will come out.

I also have learned that just because some is great, more is not necessarily better. Which more or less sums up Christmas in general!:drinker:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ive changed my goals to MAINTENANCE for the next 48 hrs and will revert back after boxing day
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'll log it. I don't necessarily expect to stay under my target calories tomorrow, but a single day over does not mean the changes for my health and well-being are over.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing the cooking for Christmas so I have the advantage of knowing what we will be having and I'll be able to accurately track my calories. Whether or not I go for a run in the afternoon is still up for debate at this point but I will definitely be logging.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I plan to do the same thing I do every day. Eat everything I want and log it all (Or all I remember. I will admit that there may unlogged Chex Mix and coffee in my life tomorrow. I tend to grab it while I'm cooking and don't have my phone handy to log right away. tomorrow will be busy and I'll forget something, I'm sure.)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Don't log, but don't use that as an excuse to eat the refrigerator. Moderate, maintain some level of control, but enjoy the freedom of not having to log.

How many calories would eating a refrigerator be?
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    same as the last 6 years. log it all, go to the gym and eat sensible. But still enjoy the day just like everyone else :)
  • lilmum31
    Options
    i will be logging and careful of what and how much i am eating.. i have lost 6 lbs in my first two weeks and feel it would be a shame to ruin the time logging so far for one holiday day, potentially good weight loss and to spend another week trying to backtrack progress.. I will still happily enjoy pudding of apple pie and custard tho :-) .. merry christmas everyone.. xx
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Logging but going to eat a large order of beef and broccoli, enjoy every bite :) and get back on track Thursday.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Don't log, but don't use that as an excuse to eat the refrigerator. Moderate, maintain some level of control, but enjoy the freedom of not having to log.

How many calories would eating a refrigerator be?

0 I don't think we can digest fridges

LOL, I know.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well,as long as you get off your *kitten* to get your own second helping of turkey dinner and mixing your own drinks you should be perfectly fine. MERRY CHRISTMAS