What can I eat

Options
I am over my protein goal by 17 but under my goal in everything else so I was wondering if any one has any ideas about what I could eat that has no protein.

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    dude you can eat protein! how many calories do you have left?

my automatic answer is almost always cottage cheese and fruit because its my favorite snack. beans also work, good fiber and low sugar/sodium.
  • Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Options
    Salad.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fruit, vegetables, whole grains.

Going over on protein isn't too bad if it's just a few grams but over by a lot frequently isn't good. Too much protein is very hard on the kidneys.
  • zachs_wifey
    Options
    apples, tomatoes, olives....but I would say extra protein isn't usually a bad thing as long as it's not all red meat.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    dude you can eat protein! how many calories do you have left?

my automatic answer is almost always cottage cheese and fruit because its my favorite snack. beans also work, good fiber and low sugar/sodium.

Ok then cool, I have about 200 calories left.

I might just have a Milo and a muesli bar to get up to 1200 calories, I am on 989 with 154 extra due to 65 mins walking
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    Salad.

I would but I don't have anything to make a salad with.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    Salad.

I would but I don't have anything to make a salad with.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    Fruit, vegetables, whole grains.

Going over on protein isn't too bad if it's just a few grams but over by a lot frequently isn't good. Too much protein is very hard on the kidneys.

Ok then.

Ok then that is alright then, I will just be a bit more careful.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    apples, tomatoes, olives....but I would say extra protein isn't usually a bad thing as long as it's not all red meat.

Ok then thank you for your help.
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You need to make your food data base open so we can view what you eat and help you eat better.

Most suggestions here are right. Protein but just what you need. Fruits & Vegies, Beans.
    Let me know when you make your site open and I can help you! Friend me. Vickie
  • kalmazan1
    Options
    Before I started my diet today, I actually went to the doctor, and he told me that a lot of my problem is not consuming enough calories. Can that be true? I am not really sure, and maybe it is the Fibromyalgia meds I am on, but he said that I need to eat to lose weight. Why is it that when I started eating 1000 calories or less, I do nothing but gain weight. I am hoping that this eating 1500 calories a day that my doctor told me to eat will actually make me lose weight. He said that the extra calories broken into small meals will get my metabolism going
  • james1111
    Options
    What are you lacking? A multi-vitamin and supplements can also help. Veggies are also good. I'm vegan so usually don't go too far over on protein and mostly make on everything else.
  • james1111
    Options
    How many hours per week are you exercising? That helps a ton!
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    You need to make your food data base open so we can view what you eat and help you eat better.

Most suggestions here are right. Protein but just what you need. Fruits & Vegies, Beans.
    Let me know when you make your site open and I can help you! Friend me. Vickie

Ok then done.

Ok then.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I am over my protein goal by 17 but under my goal in everything else so I was wondering if any one has any ideas about what I could eat that has no protein.

I'm in a similar situation, but I'm over on sugar instead of protein. My go-to thing when I need calories and/or fiber, but little of anything else is a bag of microwave popcorn... lite, of course. Jolly Time makes a pretty good kettle corn that has decent numbers. Just be careful when calculating the nutritional information. It tends to be a little confusing how they write it up. 1 serving = 4 cups. But, they list nutritional information for 1 cup popped corn. And each bag usually makes about 2 1/2 servings or 10 cups. So, if that's the case, remember to multiply the nutritional info for 1 cup of popped corn by 10 (if you eat the whole bag, like I do).

Clear as mud? Thought so.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    Before I started my diet today, I actually went to the doctor, and he told me that a lot of my problem is not consuming enough calories. Can that be true? I am not really sure, and maybe it is the Fibromyalgia meds I am on, but he said that I need to eat to lose weight. Why is it that when I started eating 1000 calories or less, I do nothing but gain weight. I am hoping that this eating 1500 calories a day that my doctor told me to eat will actually make me lose weight. He said that the extra calories broken into small meals will get my metabolism going

I am not sure, I think so, let me know how it works out for you.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    What are you lacking? A multi-vitamin and supplements can also help. Veggies are also good. I'm vegan so usually don't go too far over on protein and mostly make on everything else.

I have opened my food diary to the public, I love veggies but also love my meat.
  • TwiFan5
    Options
    How many hours per week are you exercising? That helps a ton!

My daily exercise goal Monday, Tuesday and every 2nd Saturday is 1-2 hours per day, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I can get up to 2-3 hours a day, I would love to be able to exercise 7 days a week but for now that is where I am at.
  • TwiFan5
    Options

I'm in a similar situation, but I'm over on sugar instead of protein. My go-to thing when I need calories and/or fiber, but little of anything else is a bag of microwave popcorn... lite, of course. Jolly Time makes a pretty good kettle corn that has decent numbers. Just be careful when calculating the nutritional information. It tends to be a little confusing how they write it up. 1 serving = 4 cups. But, they list nutritional information for 1 cup popped corn. And each bag usually makes about 2 1/2 servings or 10 cups. So, if that's the case, remember to multiply the nutritional info for 1 cup of popped corn by 10 (if you eat the whole bag, like I do).

Clear as mud? Thought so.

Oh ok then, II might just have to find some snacks that I like eating but only eat them when needed.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure what your goal is here (lose, gain or maintain weight), but any nutrition plan shouldn't be about depriving yourself of snacks or "forbidden" foods. Just learn to eat a well-balanced diet and snacking is a part of that. Just look for healthier options.