Anyone doing Insanity

Options
2»

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting a p90x/insanity hybrid shortly. Right now I'm going through all the insanity workouts before I start the hybrid. This week and next I'm doing the 2nd month workouts and am always hungry! I'm set at 1500 but eat most if my exercise cals back so I'm eating about 1900/day. I may need to up my maintenance cals soon but trying to wait until after the holidays. I also realized that form is incredible important as I was having some knee pain. When I focus on form before speed I feel better. Feel free to add me, I log everyday.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - Pure Cardio today. Was good. Very good :drinker:
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting a p90x/insanity hybrid shortly. Right now I'm going through all the insanity workouts before I start the hybrid. This week and next I'm doing the 2nd month workouts and am always hungry! I'm set at 1500 but eat most if my exercise cals back so I'm eating about 1900/day. I may need to up my maintenance cals soon but trying to wait until after the holidays. I also realized that form is incredible important as I was having some knee pain. When I focus on form before speed I feel better. Feel free to add me, I log everyday.

I just completed week one on Friday. I was supposed to start week 2 today but got a bit sick, so starting tomorrow. I myself have had some knee pain and will try to work on my form this second week. I would like to try the Insanity/Brazilian Butt Lift hybrid. I hope it goes well for you. I will request you as a friend to follow your journey and maybe get some advice along the way if that is okay?!
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Plyometric Cardio Circuit - day 16 - Christmas Eve workout done!! :drinker:
  • james_t2013
    Options
    I also made a start last saturday. Just 10mins ago completed day 4 cardio recovery and must admit I quite enjoyed the slower pace.

Really struggling with the flexibility exercises at the moment which is quite frustrating, but overall my only real ache and pain is my calf muscles so far.

Hopefully MFP and this thread will encourage me to keep it up :smile:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm going to start this around the 28 dec. there just to much going on right now
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity a few times but never got more than two weeks in. The risk of injury, I felt, was too great, and the more I learned about fitness in general the more I learned you can get better results out of programs that permit more rest.
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is my third round of Insanity. I started in Feb thru April. Then picked it back up in May thru June. Nine weeks (63 days) is no joke for Insanity. I couldn't find an intense enough program, so I went back to it in November. I am in week 8 of 9 now and dreading every day. Can't wait until I'm done. I did three tours of P90X years ago. Won't be going back to that. Kudos to everyone who is doing either of these programs. It takes a lot of determination and focus to get up every day and get it done. Knowing what is in store for you and still doing it - EVERY DAY. I didn't lose weight on either program, but the body definition cannot be beat. Even though I have been gaining weight lately - my eating is atrocious - my muscles have been conforming to the workouts. I'm an emotional eater and I have been struggling with some things, but I am encouraged by people who are trying it for the first time. New year, new program for me. Gym workout - interval and cardio circuit. Less intense, but hopefully more enjoyable. I agree with the people who say that you have to find what works for YOU. If you don't enjoy it, it is less likely that you will keep doing it and/or that you will do it well. Yay for the will to improve your life!
  • james_t2013
    Options
    I started trying to fix myself (years of drinking too much beer and eating real bad) about 6 months ago by following mostly a lifting plan and started riding my bike as much as possible. Pretty much every work day I ride about 5-6miles now and during the summer more like 15-20.

This did wonders, I started feeling better, memory (weirdly?) improved, started to loose fat around my legs and upper torso. I did not however loose any weight. It stayed pretty much the same, though i'm visibly less fat than I was before. My stamina defiantly improved as well as was tested on a snowboarding trip two weeks ago where I was able to make it down some runs without stopping which is a vast improvement from the last time I went in April.

Also just started training for Krav Maga, and very much considering joining a Muay Thai gym to really up my game. I massively need to improve my stamina and endurance which is why I chose to give insanity a try.

Still struggling to nail the nutrition part though. Pretty much given up the alcohol now, I just still give in to grabbing a takeaway too often.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Christmas Day Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs :heart:
  • Vanjoo
    Vanjoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my third round of Insanity. I started in Feb thru April. Then picked it back up in May thru June. Nine weeks (63 days) is no joke for Insanity. I couldn't find an intense enough program, so I went back to it in November. I am in week 8 of 9 now and dreading every day. Can't wait until I'm done. I did three tours of P90X years ago. Won't be going back to that. Kudos to everyone who is doing either of these programs. It takes a lot of determination and focus to get up every day and get it done. Knowing what is in store for you and still doing it - EVERY DAY. I didn't lose weight on either program, but the body definition cannot be beat. Even though I have been gaining weight lately - my eating is atrocious - my muscles have been conforming to the workouts. I'm an emotional eater and I have been struggling with some things, but I am encouraged by people who are trying it for the first time. New year, new program for me. Gym workout - interval and cardio circuit. Less intense, but hopefully more enjoyable. I agree with the people who say that you have to find what works for YOU. If you don't enjoy it, it is less likely that you will keep doing it and/or that you will do it well. Yay for the will to improve your life!

I'm doing P90X these days, so I wonder why you say you won't go back to that... Any special reasons? :)
    Thanks!
  • Jbailey925
    Jbailey925 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bought myself the set for xmas..waiting for mail :)
  • chaemd
    Options
    Thanks for asking. As you know, P90X is 91 days of the same workouts. I did that THREE times. The first time I did the regular workout. The second and third times I did the doubles. I got tired of the same jokes - cannot possibly change since the dvds are already set. I did the program alone, so it just got to be very monotonous and boring. Mentally, I can only push myself so much. Plus, I hate yoga. I shouldn't say that. I need to change my attitude, but I really do hate it and it's 93 minutes long. Not to mention that it is one of the few workouts that you have to do every week and twice during "recovery weeks." I guess by now I have created a mental block for P90X just as I am doing for Insanity. I push myself to stay committed to any workout plan, but when it's over, it's over. I need something that is motivating and enjoyable. At first both of these programs were new and exciting and challenging. They are still challenging, but I have not enjoyed them or gotten excited about them in a long while. I hope that you are enjoying P90X. I just wish that you didn't have to stay on it to keep the results. I wish that changing up to something else complemented my results. I am going to see if the new plan I develop will invigorate me and inspire me to meet my goals. Good Luck with meeting your goals!
  • Vanjoo
    Vanjoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought it was just me learning all the jokes and comments by heart after two or three weeks and thinking 'God, I wish I could turn the volume off!' :laugh:

Thank you for your answer. I thought that maybe there were some kind of negative effects that I wasn't aware of. But this is encouraging and I'm definitely going to stick up to my first round.

I enjoy yoga very much, since it is really relaxing after all the stress you have to face on your job, but 90 minutes IS time consuming and sometimes impossible.
    Anyway, I wish you all the best and great results with your new plan! :drinker:
  • chaemd
    Options
    Thank you. I used a friend's dvd set that she purchased and you can turn off the extra comments and just have it set up to listen to the cues. I did that and I did the option of turning off the music. I turned on my iPod speaker and listened to my own music. Boredom was the only "ill effect" that I experienced. Enjoy the fabulous body I know that you will create with this program. Today is day four of week eight of the nine-week Insanity program and I can't wait til its over. Happy New Year to the New You!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs :heart:

You are on a roll!! Good for you!