Feeling just a bit proud of myself

Options
leelu
leelu Posts: 136 Member
:happy:

Not sure how to add photos in here but see my profile..

11 months ago I was pretty much a couch potato... Sunday I completed a triathlon (300metre swim - 9kilometre ride - 3 kilometre run) I completed in 1 hour 10 mins (after choking a bit in the swim and loosing a couple of mins there)

I have lost almost 25kgs thanks in a big way to this site, and my UBER supportive friends!

still got a bit to go but it was a big step for me to do this and thought i would share. people KEEP asking me how i have done it ... and i keep telling them that its diet and exercise - they are always disappointed with that HAHAHA

Replies

• qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    fabulous! congratulations!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awsome job!!:drinker:
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME news. Keep up the good work!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    that's amazing, I'll feeling a little proud of you lol:flowerforyou:
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! Great job
  • leelu
    Options
    Ok going to try the photos

18639_252937700758_533770758_3861698_4679636_n.jpg

68822_10150092531010329_587765328_7599851_532713_n.jpg
  • leelu
    Options
    Photo fail ... can someone help?
  • marniehodges
    Options
    You look absolutely terrific! And that marathon is quite an impressive achievement. Great work!
  • leelu
    Options
    Trying again...

Then.jpg

Now.jpg
  • leelu
    Options
    ok so giving up on the photo stuff... in both pics i am wearing white - so thats me
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    That's fantastic Leelu! Amazing work :bigsmile:

Was that the Triathlon Pink tri? How was the pool swim? I'm looking at doing a tri on 11 December (if I can get my training together) and there's another I want to do on 6 March 2011.

Giving your pics a go ...

Then.jpg

Now.jpg

FYI, the IMG has to be in lower case :wink:
  • leelu
    Options
    That's fantastic Leelu! Amazing work :bigsmile:

Was that the Triathlon Pink tri? How was the pool swim? I'm looking at doing a tri on 11 December (if I can get my training together) and there's another I want to do on 6 March 2011.

Yep was the Pink Triathlon ... I swallowed a bit of water in my first breath in the swim which threw me out massively.... and was thinking the swim would be my strongest leg so lost a few mins there... but it was pretty good really :) wasnt as bad as i had it in my head to be ... I thought it would take me longer than it did but completed in 1 hour 10 and i exercise for an hour at a time pretty regularly now so not at all bad.

and having a guilt free day to carb load .... oh so makes it worth while !!!! ah pasta and bread ... i missed you
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    Oh, WOW! Great going Leelu. Triathalon is my dream goal -- someday, somehow, I want to get to where I can complete one. At the moment, five minutes of cardio exercise gets me out of breath and I need to make progress in infinitesimal steps because I will trigger a fibromyalgic flare otherwise, but you're terrific inspiration to keep taking those baby steps! Please be more than a bit proud, you deserve it!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    My first tri was the 2XU Women's tri up at Hillarys in March this year. I completely freaked out during the swim and lost about 4 minutes there. I've done another since and didn't have a problem so I think it was just first time nerves. :ohwell:
  • leelu
    Options
    Yeah i think mine was part nerves too ... in normal circumstances i would have just had a bit of a cough and kept swimming but i just couldnt get my breathing sorted out every time i put my head under i felt like i was gasping for air... so ended up breast stroking / side stroking instead.... ah well
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! I know you are very proud of yourself. People seem disapointed too when they find out that thats all I'm doing too is drinking water, walking, and eatting healthy. There 1st response is I don't have time to walk, but I REALLY don't have time either, but all of us are given the same 24 hours. Way to go on your Triatholon. This am, I started running some in my walk. I may try it one day too!
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal.com needs a "like" button.....cause this is a like button moment
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!