20yo female 160 pounds 5'7" help?

Options
Alrighty so I'm 20 and in this last year I've lost 35 pounds mostly from stress and lifestyle changes. I don't exercise regularly or closely watch what I eat, although good wise I feel like I do a great job. I'm currently 160 pounds and I'm looking for a goal weight for me! Want to help out? I'd love to get rid of my lovehandles and size of my thighs and tighten my stomach and get a bigger butt. Have exercise suggestions/plans for these things?

http://tinypic.com/r/30bzf9h/5
http://tinypic.com/r/oi93d/5 (I ate too much for Christmas in this pic I'm bloated haha)
http://tinypic.com/r/9k1bon/5

Replies

• 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    u need to eat clean to get rid of those love handles and along with that start strength training 2-3 days in a week and cardio workout 4-5 days a week..
    and for bigger butts add SQUATS in ur strength training session!
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry so much about goal weight but maybe start some strength training and cardio. I just finished the 30 Day Shred (Jilliam Michael's) and it really helped me tone up, Ripped in 30 is next!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Well I can tell you that you're already at the top end of a 'healthy' weight. I'm the same height as you, I started out weighing 329lbs and 159lbs is my goal weight which would put my BMI just under 25. Around about 119lbs is the bottom end of healthy weight range for that height. I'm getting close but not at goal yet.

If I were your weight now, I'd be focusing on lifting rather than cardio. You can put some cardio in there but a good lifting routine will help reduce your body fat %. You may not necessarily drop much weight but you will drop inches and look more toned. Weight becomes a little irrelevant if you want to lose the love handles etc. As someone else said, 30 Day Shred is a good routine you can do at home to really get some inches moving too. If you have a gym membership, even better :)
  • Kat4610
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody! This is my first time posting here and I'm happy to get such positive criticism ^.^ no "trolls" haha! Have a great Christmas, I'll update soon. I'm taking a women's strength training class this term and going to start running 3x a week. Good luck on your body journeys!
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Hard to say what your personal goal weight should be. I'm a touch taller than 5'7 (and I'm also more than twice as old as you!), but when I was 140-145, I looked pretty good and was happy there. Trying to get back there ...

I know women who are 5'7", and some of them are 130 pounds and some are 160 pounds, and all of them look healthy to me. So it really depends on your frame, your muscle-to-fat ratio, etc. And mostly -- and I mean this sincerely -- it depends on what makes you HAPPY and what you can truly sustain over the long-term. You may love what you look like at 130 lbs, but it might not be realistic or sustainable for you. Good luck -- you don't have far to go, and I agree with the posters about adding lifting/strength training.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    And just an edit here to say that you really don't have far to go at all. Your pictures show a healthy woman that most other females would be thrilled to look like! It's all your personal preference... good luck!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You will usually know when your at your goal because u will like what u see and feel. Focus if lifting and toning and in the end those love handles will be gone