Working on Christmas Support Group

Options
TX_Thundercat
TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
Anybody else stuck working on Christmas like me?

29zde9i.png

Replies

• bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did, worked a 12a- 8am back at it tonight.
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Me! I just got back from work anyway. 9am to 6pm shift at work on a holiday and with no double pay. :(
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yo. Usually stuck working on Christmas. I'd rather have Thanksgiving off anyway.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i work in residential services so i get to work all them holidays. 10-6 today but holiday pay and i get to bank the holiday and use it another day, so i am not complaining too much. merry christmas everyone hope you all have a good day at work!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    <-- :yawn:
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    On the plus side I have almost no work today. Hell yeah for easy holiday pay!!!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lol I hear u on that double time and a half and I had nothing to do but show up!
  • kmg884
    kmg884 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup, 12 hour shift today. Holiday weeks are always long, i work all holidays. Worked 12's on Sat, Mon, Tues, Today and Tomorrow. No overtime, no holiday pay but I don't mind too much. : )
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* not minding the quiet or holiday pay either \m/
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Gotta get out the door and visit 6 animals then come home and prepare for my relatives coming over for party !!
  • benum21121
    Options
    Mr. TX! Yeah, I'm at work today, keeping all kinds of people safe.. cuz bad guys don't take holidays. Everything is at OT rate (1.7 times, baby!) PLUS 8 hours straight time for the holiday.. oh, and catered food. Working 13 hours today.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I work part-time at a horse farm. No such thing as a holiday.
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am working but from home so I can't complain too much.
  • kmg884
    kmg884 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Benum- Im behind bars for the holiday, keeping the bad guys where they should be!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i am! dont mind it though (this year) since I'm still pregnant and no one is here!! yay happy alone time.
  • benum21121
    Options
    KMG884- I'm protecting a nuclear power faciltiy on a 'standby response team'.. If we get any unwanted visitors, you'll definitely hear about it on the news. :-)

Thank you for keeping the bad guys behind bars! :-D Enjoy your holiday.. and enjoy your time off, whenever that may be!
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Mr. TX! Yeah, I'm at work today, keeping all kinds of people safe.. cuz bad guys don't take holidays. Everything is at OT rate (1.7 times, baby!) PLUS 8 hours straight time for the holiday.. oh, and catered food. Working 13 hours today.

some sweet holiday perks youve got but deserved. my choice was use my time off for christmas or the birth of my upcoming child...christmas lost hands down.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    jealous of all you people with holiday pay
  • benum21121
    Options

some sweet holiday perks youve got but deserved. my choice was use my time off for christmas or the birth of my upcoming child...christmas lost hands down.

HANDS DOWN! :-) The perks here aren't too bad. Enjoy the time with your upcoming child!! You'll never regret it!
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am the Assistant General Manager of an indoor water park hotel so we are always open! Working Holidays are my favorite time of the year. Time and half pay, potluck days at work and being able to spend time with my work family is the best. Hope you all have a Happy Wednesday, Merry Xmas and Happy Holiday Pay :smile: