Exercise on Christmas day. Why or why not?

Options
Merry Christmas fitness pals,

I'm off work today like most Americans and I'm finding that I have more time to exercises than ever. I don't have children to watch after and im not hosting a party. I decided to do some light and casual exercise while watching some Christmas day television programming.

Some of my pals are rewarding themselves by not exercising not just today but until sometime after the new year. I personally don't understand this attitude towards exercise.

I know exercise is, and view it as, a good and positive thing in my life. in other words, I am rewarding myself when I exercise. Does this mean my Christmas is ruined? does this mean I wont eat all the high calorie and high fat unhealthy foods? does this mean I will be a Grinch? does this mean I wont leave the house for fear of over eating? The answer is "NO". Will I eat healthy tomorrow? YES! A healthy lifestyle does not have to interfere with some of our not so healthy holidays and social gatherings but don't forget that Christmas day is just one day (maybe 2 if you are counting xmas eve).

So fitness pals, will you exercise today? even just 10 minutes? just ten little minutes of reward? will you give your self that gift?

If not, Why?

Hope all your Christmas wishes come true.

Diabolic Booger

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was going to (just got a new squat rack), but there are cookies shaped like little Christmas trees here. First I need to eat all of the cookies shaped like Christmas trees.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I went for a nice long bike ride on my new bike :) Now home cooking and eating all the good stuff!
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I managed an almost-3 mile run this morning... then came home to eat cinnabuns!

The run felt great, and the cinnabuns were heaven. All is good with the world.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LOL. I ate about 2 dozen cookies for breakfast too. then I thought, With all this energy I could get in a really good resistance training session. I did bicep curls and various situps and crunches. all while watching the Disney parade
  • DeputySox
    Options
    2.8 mile trail run. Merry Christmas!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did a slow 4k jog. I train on alternating days, just so happens Christmas is one of them!
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will probably go on a nice 3 mile run because I enjoy it.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have too much to do today, but you better believe me, I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i will be going for a run in a little bit…
  • DiabolicBooger
    Options
    good job fitness pals! sounds like balance to me! so proud of you all
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    15 miles on the bike this morning - let the food fest begin .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are my lifting days...it is not one of those days...so nope. I don't do exercise off schedule just because I'm going to eat a bit more today than normal or whatever.

I'll probably take the dog for a walk in awhile, but that's it...there's no reason to do unscheduled exercise. I have a fitness regimen and I follow that fitness regimen.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I worked out. I do it because I love how it makes me feel and it loosens up my muscles. It doesn't matter what special day it is; being able to work out intensely after years of a sedentary life makes the day very special for me.

I don't do it eat more or less on any given day; I do it because I totally enjoy working out.
  • DiabolicBooger
    Options
    yes! die hards! love you guys. I was a die hard P90X apprentice earlier this year and during that 3 months exercise was not optional it was mandatory. im more flexible now and not just cause of P90X X-Stretch.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Getting on the treadmill right after I finish this post! Hubby is making breakfast burritos, then starting up the stove for today's main course!!!!
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Walked for 2 miles this morning, will walk 2 miles before and after dinner, too. Then eventually I'll do my workout routine. If I slack off today, I might slack off tomorrow. Lol.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'll get some today. The gym will be completely empty, i'm sure.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will!
  • rmd_fitness
    rmd_fitness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Recovery day
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Since today is a normal exercise day, yes, I'll be exercising.