Exercise on Christmas day. Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on my usual workout tonight: an hour on the mini-bike. Did 14.5 miles yesterday, plus a 1.65-mile run.
  • alisavesely
    Options
    I practiced my handstands this morning and plan on getting an at-home workout in soon. A holiday isn't a reason to not workout especially when this is the time of year for bad eating.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    if u have time you have time.. why not? I'm exercising. It's called freeze tag with my nephews! lol
  • eugovogue
    Options
    Just going to do body weight stuff like crunches, sit ups, squats, etc.
    I exercise everyday because I love dancing around to music on my ipod. I don't log the calories or the time, I just have fun.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i think its a great idea then afterwards you can put yourself into a holiday food coma
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will be working out today. I have the day off and not celebrating xmas till saturday so its basically a normal day off. Since the gym is closed probably will go in the basement crank the music and work with my kettlebell. Probably do some intravals for 30mins. In my view just because its a holiday you shouldn't stop working towards your goal. Workout and consider it working off those calories you will have later. Maybe make you feel a little less guilty!!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 miles this morning.
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    Business as usual here...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Today is a regularly scheduled workout day...so yes I will be doing my lifts.

Probably later today but still gonna get it in.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes I went on my moms new elliptical today. I did an hour (was going to try another 40 minutes but my dad kicked me out of their room). Not going to log cals but the more I work out the more I can eat.

Maybe I won't gain too much weight?
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My big meal is dinner, and I will be over calories, not too many I don't think, but way over on fat, but I currently have had a muffin (gf and vegan 130 calories) a piece of toast and some fruit for a healthy breakfast, not really going to have lunch, maybe a nonfat greek yogurt, and I'm going to run today, I'm going to burn minimum 300 calories, but hoping for maybe as much as 600 so I can eat everything and still be fine, going to run to the gym (around 2 miles) and then hang out on the ellipitical for a while and maybe walk back from the gym.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Feeling more positive today - so started with jogging 5k's, now to the kitchen to bake pies and start prepping for dinner.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm active just about everyday (nothing strenuous). I briskly walked for 5 miles and did a 20 min. upper body lifting session. I'm not going to stop just because it's a holiday. If anything it allows me to eat a little more. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I took my kids for a walk. Well, they went on their scooters. The gym's not open today or tomorrow or I'd have sneaked off for a bit of peace and quiet!

No chance of a workout at home as I've been entertaining the kids, and the lounge is covered in their toys anyway, plus I don't think our neighbours downstairs would appreciate me jumping about above them on Xmas day!

I'll be back to gymming on Friday. Lots of classes I'd usually do are cancelled over the Xmas holidays though, which is annoying.
  • BeyMe
    BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for a jog. I feel like this will set the tone for my new year and new weight loss journey. Plus, I just feel like doing so. I'm not battling with myself to go. I just want to do and that shows me how dedicated I am.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    no lifting today, i did that yesterday. I want to do some cardio today.

I plan on using my stepper & this glider thingy that i bought a few weeks back & they have been sitting in the corner collecting dust. (i've been busy the past couple weeks with finals at school, getting over an illness and then i started a new job last week)

but first, more cookies... :happy:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would love to exercise. Im full of a virus and made it 200 yards on my new bike before having to pack it in :-) If you have no commitments I would do whatever you want. Interesting perspective though - for me a bike ride would be a treat lol
  • nccheesehead
    nccheesehead Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 40 minute body weight workout on fitnessblender.com. Bring on to the Christmas goodies!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No plans on traveling or hosting any parties today so I'm going to get ready to do my insanity workout:)