Kettlebell best results for weight lose !!

Options
Kettlebells--pieces of strength-training equipment made from cast iron--can be intimidating to someone who is not familiar with how they work. Using kettlebells in your fitness routine can challenge your body and build strength, stamina, endurance and flexibility unlike other pieces of equipment. The functional movements that you perform with a kettlebell resemble movements that you perform every day.

Decreased Body Fat

A common fitness goal for women is losing body fat and inches around the waist, thighs and arms. Kettlebell training offers you the ability to burn fat with high-intensity workouts. Any weight loss program can be difficult to accomplish, but using kettlebells provides a fun and exciting alternative to "normal" workouts that help to keep you motivated. By consistently working out with kettlebells, your metabolism will increase which will result in a decrease of body fat percentage. Design your workout programs for high repetition compound movement exercises, such as the kettlebell swing, reverse lunge or shoulder press, in a circuit with little to no rest between sets.

Strength Without Bulk

Women who work out will commonly desire to have strength without the bulky appearance of a body builder. Training with kettlebells is not designed to increase muscle mass but rather to build strength by increasing the amount of lean muscle tissue. Increasing lean muscle tissue results in strength without bulk and a lean-looking appearance. Kettlebells are effective at increasing strength by using full-body functional movements that incorporate several muscle groups for each exercise. An example of a strength workout combines kettlebell swings, front squats and reverse lunges. Perform 10 repetitions of swings, followed immediately by 10 front squats and then 10 reverse lunges. Continue for a total of five rounds and rest as needed.
Time Saver

Most women have busy schedules that juggle family, work and recreation. All these activities can block the motivation for a workout because of a lack of time. Kettlebells, however, are a great time saver when workouts need to be quick and intense by combining cardio and strength. Even the busiest of women can take 15 minutes every day for a workout. A great time-saving workout is 200 kettlebell swings for time. Perform 200 repetitions of kettlebell swings as quickly as possible. This workout might not sound like much, but it will take you between five to 10 minutes to complete, will increase your heart rate and will work nearly every muscle in your body.

You will see results in a week!!

Replies

• astrong74
    Options
    Thanks..what pounds do you recommend?
  • vdara
    vdara Posts: 3
    Options
    its suggested to start light . I bought my self a pro kettelbell weight 8lbs.
    i suggest to check out fitnessblender.com they have actual work-out videos for (search for ) kettelbell beginner and advance you will see results in a week to 2, also suggest what to start with.

This website is FREE for everyone.. hope this helps you in your journey...keep me posted!!
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I use Kettlebells. I agree they're great
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's common courtesy to post a link to the article you are citing, so no one accuses you of plagiarizing.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/95624-benefits-kettlebell-women/

that being said, a work out that i've done before and is really killer is called "300 kettlebell melt down."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpbM9nzDcM

the first time i did it was with a much smaller weight than in the video, and i think it took me almost an hour. enjoy!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So where'd you copy and paste that from?

Kettlebells are not the 'best results for weight lose' (loss btw).
    A calorie deficit and any exercise you (a general you) enjoy is the best for weight loss. But exercising isn't necessary to lose weight.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    As kettlebells can be kind of expensive, you can buy some smaller weight plates from Walmart on the cheap, and a few dollars worth of threaded plumbing pipe and make your own adjustable kettlebells. This way you can start light and add more weight as time passes without spending a fortune.

Here's a how-to link:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tim-ferriss-superhuman-kettlebell.htm?CJAID=10409402&CJPID=3349309&clickid=wwEUm713t0LVyeCXecXhqzo6UkTw1dTFxxuwTI0&irpid=27795
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Decreased Body Fat

A common fitness goal for women is losing body fat and inches around the waist, thighs and arms. Kettlebell training offers you the ability to burn fat with high-intensity workouts. Any weight loss program can be difficult to accomplish, but using kettlebells provides a fun and exciting alternative to "normal" workouts that help to keep you motivated. By consistently working out with kettlebells, your metabolism will increase which will result in a decrease of body fat percentage. Design your workout programs for high repetition compound movement exercises, such as the kettlebell swing, reverse lunge or shoulder press, in a circuit with little to no rest between sets.

This right here should be a red flag. If you aren't eating at a calorie deficit, swinging kettlebells is not going to be burning fat. It will also not be the reason behind your increase in metabolism and insinuating that doing this will automatically burn fat is misleading.
    Strength Without Bulk

Women who work out will commonly desire to have strength without the bulky appearance of a body builder. Training with kettlebells is not designed to increase muscle mass but rather to build strength by increasing the amount of lean muscle tissue. Increasing lean muscle tissue results in strength without bulk and a lean-looking appearance. Kettlebells are effective at increasing strength by using full-body functional movements that incorporate several muscle groups for each exercise. An example of a strength workout combines kettlebell swings, front squats and reverse lunges. Perform 10 repetitions of swings, followed immediately by 10 front squats and then 10 reverse lunges. Continue for a total of five rounds and rest as needed.

This really irks me as it plays on women's ignorance and fears in regards to getting bulky. If you research you will find that women do not have the testosterone to "bulk up". Kettlebells and the exercises associated with them (which you could do with dumbbells and such as well) are not automatically anit-bulking equipment/methods. And it is a bit irresponsible to lead people to believe that bulking not only can happen with a strength training program and easily, but that somehow kettlebells are the one training program/equipment that will prevent this from happening.

ETA: And the title of this thread is a big NO. The best thing for weight loss is eating at a calorie deficit. Exercise is for fitness but if you aren't eating less than your maintenance, you aren't going to be losing weight.

Any strength/resistance program is recommended to be part of your weekly exercise routine, though I have to say that barbells will give you more bang for your buck (so to speak).
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Training with kettlebells is not designed to increase muscle mass but rather to build strength by increasing the amount of lean muscle tissue. Increasing lean muscle tissue results in strength without bulk and a lean-looking appearance.
    In to learn what is the difference between "muscle mass" and "lean muscle tissue."