Any Marathoner's??

Options
2»

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    oooiknow-1.gif

I did the Dublin Marathon back in October and am now training for the Kildare Marathon in April 2014.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Technically did a marathon last year and a half the year before only my full marathon was as part of an ironman.

Second time I missed a place for VLM but I will keep trying.

Got another half and ironman booked next year.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a marathoner on the inside. I've got half marathon #5 coming up in NH in Feb. I love doing 14, 15 and 16 mile long runs, but I haven't pulled the trigger and trained for a full yet. I'm a fulltime working, busy, single mom of a 4 year old that commutes for 2 hours every day. In better weather I run to or from the office with my daughter in the jogger, but I live in Boston, so it's too dark for that now. So I've been thinking of an October marathon, but I'm just not sure yet that I have the time to fully commit to training.

Oh and I love new running friends!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my first marathon which will be in November 2014. I'm giving myself plenty of time to train.
  • paradise_runs
    paradise_runs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love all of the responses!! :) My marathon is in May and I plan to do another in October. Love running!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Mine is Oct 2014. I will be running my first half in Jan so that's plenty of time to prep for the full in Oct.

I'm excited and scared and would love to have some marathon friends on MFP!!
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    doing my first half in march!! wanting to do the marathon de paris as my first marathon. even though the half is in march, i've just been training for a full. we will see how it goes!
  • barnettsa
    barnettsa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Running my first marathon Feb 2nd. Longest run so far is 20 miles.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Doing my first half in March, I'm already feeling insane. ha.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Completed my very first 1/2 marathon in November 2013; training for my 2nd 1/2 that takes place the end of March 2014...leading up to training for my first full marathon (Disneyworld Marathon) for my 60th birthday, January 2015.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Did my first marathon last Sunday in 3 and a half hours. I completely crumbled after 17 miles. No ordinary marathon though. Beach, shingles, dirt, road, grass and had been chucking it down the day before
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm already friends with a few awesome people on here, but would love more marathon training friends!!

Seeing all those runs posted on my news feed keep me excited!

In addition, I'd love to have friends who are training for a marathon AND trying to continue to lose weight.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My next marathon is last Saturday in January. :)
    Any marathoners are welcome to add me.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always have a marathon on the horizon. Finishing up my goal of doing a marathon in every state in Maui next weekend!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd half! I've done three halves in three states in 6 weeks. That qualifies me for level one half fanatics;) I don't think I'll ever do a full though. I have several halves scheduled in the next 3-4 months.