Ah, Christmas. The way I used to eat.

Options
Amazing contrast, i realized today. After living on a godforsaken starvation diet since January ... it's fun (and scary) to take a _real_ day off and eat like I used to.

A cookie here and there. Cheese and crackers. Crabcakes. As much beer as I want. Dinner based on gravy and heavy cream. Yikes!!

The good old days? Not really. I have to be honest I am glad I reformed my eating habits. No nostalgic longing here. Just an observation - an example of one of those days when the difference is quite graphically illustrated.

Happy Holidays, all you maintainers. Tomorrow's another day. :)

-Sal

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You know what is funny...my husband and I were both overweight kids...sometimes we say, "I'm glad I know what (fill in the blank) tastes like...NOT that I would ever eat it again!"

I'm glad I know what all those delicious, insanely high-calorie foods taste like...b/c I can just rely on the memory of eating those foods instead of eating it!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i need pepto. my tummy is not used to this kind of mistreatment anymore.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    OMNOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes, i ate pretty much what i wanted to today. Really not like i used to eat at holidays though. Much more selective.
    But i don't feel too great now - i feel better on all the other days when i felt like i was making headway not stepping backwards.
    Oh well - tomorrow back to the program..........
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why are you starving yourself?
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I ate smaller portions than I would have in years past and I was able to get by with having just one slice of pie. Probably still went way over maintenance but I don't care, it's back to business tomorrow and for the first time ever I'm not going to have to look into losing weight after the 1st of the year. Life is good.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

This.

Also, hows the air up there?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    CANDY.

:love: :love:
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I unleashed my inner fat kid today and ate whatever I wanted. I'm glad I found the feeling of being stuffed unpleasant and got bad wind from it. It's good motivation to avoid pigging out on that scale again. I am still glad I had an all out day though, I had fun with it and I'm prepared to go back to healthy eating tomorrow.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    why on earth have you been on a starvation diet? that's completely unnecessary....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Amazing contrast, i realized today. After living on a godforsaken starvation diet since January ... it's fun (and scary)

-Sal
    Starvation is never fun
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Amazing contrast, i realized today. After living on a godforsaken starvation diet since January ... it's fun (and scary) to take a _real_ day off and eat like I used to.

A cookie here and there. Cheese and crackers. Crabcakes. As much beer as I want. Dinner based on gravy and heavy cream. Yikes!!

The good old days? Not really. I have to be honest I am glad I reformed my eating habits. No nostalgic longing here. Just an observation - an example of one of those days when the difference is quite graphically illustrated.

Happy Holidays, all you maintainers. Tomorrow's another day. :)

-Sal

Please be aware that there are people here recovering from eating disorders/disordered eating and that promoting/advertising/bragging about a starvation diet is also against the rules.

Please seek help.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • salvyhead
    salvyhead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry, kids - no offense meant. I was being sarcastic but chose the wrong word. for an Italian man to eat 1500 or 1800 cal. a day is extremely out of the ordinary and fairly severe. Obviously I am not literally on a starvation diet but some days it sure feel like it. Thanks for the responses.

-Sal
  • salvyhead
    Options
    I unleashed my inner fat kid today and ate whatever I wanted. I'm glad I found the feeling of being stuffed unpleasant and got bad wind from it. It's good motivation to avoid pigging out on that scale again. I am still glad I had an all out day though, I had fun with it and I'm prepared to go back to healthy eating tomorrow.

Well said!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I was thinking how nice it was that I did eat everything I wanted to (and made an absolutely fantastic dinner). And had cookies without thinking and TWO slices of pavlova . . . and was only over by 300 calories.

But yes, I also feel a bit stuffed and will happily head back to my normal food tomorrow.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sorry, kids - no offense meant. I was being sarcastic but chose the wrong word. for an Italian man to eat 1500 or 1800 cal. a day is extremely out of the ordinary and fairly severe. Obviously I am not literally on a starvation diet but some days it sure feel like it. Thanks for the responses.

-Sal

Hey I would easily say, kiddingly, starvation. Let's be honest, we do eat much less than usual when losing weight! Or at least, I did.

As regards Christmas, I had lovely Christmas food BUT didn't feel like mindlessly eating 2 servings of everything, especially since I logged it all (accountability!). Thus managed to stay UNDER ny calorie goal!
    Still - lovely food is great, isn't it?
  • salvyhead
    Options
    Hey I would easily say, kiddingly, starvation. Let's be honest, we do eat much less than usual when losing weight! Or at least, I did.

Thanks!

What I was thinking on Christmas Day was what an amazing educational experience this whole weight loss thing has been. I basically gained about pound a year since I was 18 years old. Doesn't seem like much but then you turn 50 and all of a sudden you're hair's gray and you're 30 lb. overweight! Yesterday - as I was taking a day off from the calorie counting - I was thinking, no wonder. In fact I am surprised I didn't gain more than a pound a year. Although I was never one to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted - still it was enough of an imbalance to gain, year after year.

Different universe we live in, now!

Happy New Year.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Your post title sums it up for me, pretty much.

My husband and I are usually filled with energy at bedtime and we were both just like "ugh, must sleep, so tired"...very unlike the usual us! haha

Although honestly, I still don't think I ate quite as "badly" as I once did. I remember having a similar Christmas Day several years back where I probably ate ALL of the same stuff I did yesterday, plus half a large Dominos philly cheesesteak pizza afterward for "dinner". UGH!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Yep, that's my question too?! It is possible to have a healthy caloric intake without starving and depriving yourself!!