SPANK THE YANKS 2014 - Exercise Challenge

Options
Hey folks :bigsmile:

We've recently had 2 x UK v USA team challenges and we are currently sitting at 1 win a piece so In the spirit of good exercise and friendly competition I am looking for members to join both Team UK & Team USA for a third time round.

The challenge involves us collectively exercising over a period of a week - I'm thinking of starting it on the 6th Jan 2014 but that's TBC and to see who logs the biggest burns over the week. It will tie in with peoples " new year new me" ethos and lets be honest we are all miserable as *kitten* in Jan so why not have a friendly challenge where we spank the yanks for a SECOND time......

Last time as a team of 15 Team UK burned a total of 158,467 calories over a week and TEAM USA burned 129,074 so its pretty impressive numbers. I am the TEAM UK Captain and llb320 is the TEAM USA Captain.

Before we have the eager volunteers be warned you'll be expected to exercise daily and most of my team burned over 1000K a day to achieve this amazing number so if your usual exercise is around the 300 a day mark I'd honestly say don't bother because the best intentions in the world will make that difficult to achieve and I dont want people to injury themselves as it is supposed to be fun! :bigsmile: BUT by no means does that exclude you, I just give you warning as to what level of fitness and exercise will be required. :bigsmile: We are a fantastic supportive bunch and had great fun the last time!

From a personal perspective I gained amazingly supportive friends and burned 19,000 myself that week and lost 6llbs so it worked wonders for my enthusiasm and motivation and I made some excellent friends to boot! :heart:

Please get in touch if its something you'd like to be involved in.

And also please note, we had lovely Canadians and peeps from SA in team UK last time so by all means we don't exclude geographical locations, you are free to pick a team of your choice ( but ps....TEAM UK has all the hot chicks in it lol heart )

Let me know what you think!! Could be fun!!

Thanks

Charlene xx:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm still in, going eat plenty of Christmas pud I'll need to burn off :-)
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yup - here I come!!
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Team USA I'll join the challenge!
  • Ilb320
    Ilb320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Go Team USA.
  • perfectflightisbeingthere
    Options
    I'm in! Need the incentive to keep the fitness up for the rest of December too!
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Will this be a once a month challenge in 2014?

GO TEAM USA!!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    From a personal perspective I gained amazingly supportive friends and burned 19,000 myself that week...

You burned 2500 calories/day in exercise?

How?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    From a personal perspective I gained amazingly supportive friends and burned 19,000 myself that week...

You burned 2500 calories/day in exercise?

How?

I'd imagine that'd require at least 3, 4 hours of exercise each day. Too much for me, personally. 4 hours a day, 7 days a week? I'll take my paltry 250-300 calorie burns and stay out of this one.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Pretty much 1 hour before work, and 2-3 afterwards which included spin, pump, and Hiit classes, it wasn't meant to be sustainable over a long period as explained above. And I hiked a Monroe mountain one day which took me 5 odd hours with a weighted backpack so that was a big burn.

Not just me btw, the rest of the team did amazingly well. It shows you what you are capable of when you really push yourself. Not for everyone I know and again I said that above.
  • jenn2403
    jenn2403 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge if you are still looking for people to participate!!
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge if you are still looking for people to participate!!

hey Jen you still interested in taking part! We are still looking for people to join in so give me a shout if its something you want to do!
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Love the title :happy:
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    thanks lol you fancy joining in ?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and to fitness forums, but not fitness in general. My question is, how would you track calories burned by lifting? I do far more lifting than cardio. Or is this strictly a cardio competition?
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    I use a HRM when doing all exercise but I know there are theories about it whilst lifting but its never done me any harm and my heart rate gets pretty high lifting heavy weights so in along round about way lol thats my answer lol
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    so....you do count the calories burned while lifting, am I correct?

I don't have a heart rate monitor, but if I get one...I may join.
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    you from the states i gather? and you dont need one to take part, MFP calculates calories too and i've been told its pretty accurate but you'd be more than welcome to join.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    are you accepting fitbit sync as well as individualy logged excersize?

still in, GO USA!
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    i dont use a fitbit but i know some of the team do so as long as you dont post it twice then we are good to go!
  • BlueAngelChar
    Options
    COME ON FOLKS - WERE ARE ALL THOSE NEW YEAR FITNESS PEEPS - Team USA has 2 members currently so they need players too ( us Brits got them running scared I think )