Finally had it.

Options
Hello all,

I've finally had it. We all know how mirrors lie and make us feel like we're in "good" shape. Ive always felt that my body type was ok even though I eat like pac-man. But today, when I was taking Christmas photos with my family I just couldnt stand myself!

Anyway, I am now (day 1) on track to living a better and healthier life, hopefully.

Replies

• Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse. :)

Just remember - you didn't get like this overnight, so you won't undo it all overnight. :)

Best of luck!
  • LingLing31
    LingLing31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same thing totally happened to me! Unfortunately, I gained a lot of my weight back. Here around a 2nd time to adjust my lifestyle for good...hopefully.

Best of luck to u!!
  • djmanlon
    djmanlon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I've been around here for awhile and when i track my food i'm successful. But then things start looking up, I feel better about myself and i stop tracking. that's when it falls apart. I believe in commitments and journaling ... this is my new commitment for 2014. Show up "here" on a regular basis and check in to share my struggles and successes. Sharing is magic ... The best of luck to you all.
  • ellen_natividad
    Options
    My story is the same. I lose weight then I gain it all back and more. This year I told myself, enough is enough. I have to eat better and move more. I hope to lose weight again this time and keep it off for good.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: soo glad you made the decision to be healthy! I am sending you a friend request because together I think we can support & encourage each other!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jbomb for finding your motivation. Love your username...welcome. Pic's are a huge motivator when we've been thinking we were cute all along LOL. Hey high self esteem is a good thing, reality and motivation only add to the great package.
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can understand what you are feeling.. If you like to add me, we can support each other and move forward with this journey!
  • jfran87
    Options
    I'm starting my day one tomorrow as well, I was going to start it a couple of weeks ago, but I just felt the temptation of food to be crazy strong and I just thought once Christmas is over then I'll start. Congrats on your day one!
  • mssaintsfan
    Options
    I'm also at the same point, started a little over a week ago, but obviously the last couple days kind of ruined it; so to a new day one!!!
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself for keeping it real :) Feeling sorry for ourselves never gets us far, so good on you for making the first few steps. You are welcome to add me if you like!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome I know what you mean. I also tholught the same about myself I thought "oh I'm tall and carry my weight well" but nothing like a picture to put things into perspective. Good luck to you
  • lindabreve
    lindabreve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have been lying to myself that I don't really look THAT bad, but my weight will most surely start affecting my health sooner than later if I don't get real serious about it. Back tracking today and staying within my calorie limit and treating myself like I should!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yes hope your journery is agood oner
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Welcome I know what you mean. I also tholught the same about myself I thought "oh I'm tall and carry my weight well" but nothing like a picture to put things into perspective. Good luck to you

I can definitely relate to this as well!

OP, good for you.

Someone commented that when they feel better about themselves, and lose some weight, that is when they stop logging and slack off. That's exactly what I hope to avoid. The way I'm going to look at it is "I used to weigh 307 lb, so even though I now weigh ~170 (someday)...I can't just be like a "regular person" about food. I plan to log for many years and even when I quit someday (IF I quit) I will still weigh every day.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome ^^
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good luck with meeting your goals.
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    welcome, when I first saw my pictures I ignored them if I had done what you did, I would be better off know... enjoy this journey its going to be a good one.....
  • jenimc13
    jenimc13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

This is often the reel that loops in my head. Maybe I used to carry it well, but those days have long passed. Glad to have found this supportive community.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse. :)

Just remember - you didn't get like this overnight, so you won't undo it all overnight. :)

Best of luck!

^^ this. Also props for doing it now instead of waiting.