Exercise on Christmas day. Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the day off from "real" exercise aka the gym; but, I'll probably head out for a walk with the kids later. A: I lifted yesterday and am considering this recovery. B: I don't know if the gym daycare is open today. C: If I stay inside all day, I will have cabin fever.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I completed weight training (shoulders) at 4:00 this morning...I wanted to maintain my workout schedule.
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Christmas day here. I got an 8 mile run in before cooking the family blueberry, almond and vanilla pancakes with compote and cream.... Yes I ate seconds... maybe thirds and finished my nieces plate... Today is boxing day and the gym is closed so I guess I will just repeat yesterday... maybe with a little less beer though :drinker:
  • Devol
    Devol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im in the fire station tonight and just about to embark on a 10k run on the treadmill.

heres hoping it stays quiet..

fat doesnt take a day off so neither am I

merry xmas
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Why? Because I LIKE it! :smile:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I exercised because it is what I enjoy doing. What better way to celebrate than to do what we enjoy. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I had the gym to myself. It was great!

Came home & my roast that had been slow cooking since early this morning was done - and delish.

The last bit of Christmas celebration was last night, so it's done for me.
    Best Christmas Day I've had in years.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No I didn't. I know I will tomorrow. I exercised yesterday for more than an hour & then delivered toys for Christmas. I thought I would be full of energy today, but wasn't. Just enough energy to eat - lol. Everyone enjoy your holiday.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm living out of a hotel on a military base overseas for a couple of months while working... it's pouring rain and the gym is closed for Christmas. I did not work out today, but I was pretty reasonable with my eating (and drinking - one glass of wine, but just water today other than my morning coffee), and since I knew that the gym would be closed today, yesterday I spent extra time and effort in the gym... and I'll be back there tomorrow morning :-) Consistent working out and practicing moderation even on the holidays seems to be working well for me these days!
    Happy Holidays to all :-)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    For me, Christmas/Boxing day means 5 NBA games, Ashes Cricket and two big football games. Its at times like this I'm glad I have an exercise bike right in front of a TV - target 100 miles in 24 hours!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This morning, I walked 5.15 miles in 1 hour 35 minutes.
  • princesswarrior1116
    Options
    I just broke in my new running shoes with an almost 4 mile run :))

I also rearranged my gym equipment in my garage to accommodate some new pieces I got for Christmas. I'm having a wonderful day...got in my exercise and eating goodies!! Cinnamon buns x2 today so far...heaven! Feeling fit and grateful to be alive and healthy this Christmas!!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5 mile run in this afternoon. Because it was too nice out to waste the day!
  • bkw61
    bkw61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We had our family Christmas last night, so today was a day to try out the toys. New running shoes and fitbit force. So yes, 2 mile walk and some pilates tonight yet.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I ran three miles today :) it was 30 min of my day and I am glad that I did :)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted today simply because my goals don't take vacations. I miss a day , it sets me back.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No I didn't, because everybody needs / has days off exercise
  • KimBickel
    KimBickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh. Thanks. :)
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I try and go to bed and get up at the same time every day so YES I did workout on Christmas. I did my weight workout, planks and squats at 5 am while watching a Christmas movie that was on tv that I had never seen, I was done by time my kids got up to open gifts.
  • astange83
    Options
    I got up at regular time, but did a double work out (60 min) for 2 reasons... 1. it was a workout day, and 2. I was going to someone's home that I lacked control over what I had to eat so I was building up my calories for dinner! (which I don't think caused me to go over, because I only had a slice of ham, and like 2 stuffed shells, not much that I even like was offered, so easier to not overeat)