SUGAR! My Mortal Enemy

Options
First off, I'd like to choke the person at McDonalds who invented the caramel frappe...... after I give him a giant kiss! I can't stay anywhere near my sugar for the day if I indulge.

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I have been having an issue with sugar the past few days myself.
    I'm going to try no candy today!
    Yikes!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Me Too! Dessert was invented for MEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    we are doing a biggest loser contest at the Curves the i go too. This weeks challenge is NO SWEETS! This is so not fair, i have halloween candy everywhere!. Day 2 and no sweets....so thats good!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sugar is my BIGGEST problem. I LOVE sweets and Dr. Pepper!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    just a suggestion, maybe wherever you add sugar at home you could add natural sweeteners like agave syrup, maple syrup or honey that the body can better digest. so when you indulge, you can feel a bit better about it :) the only time i really have added sugar during my day is 2tsp in my morning coffee.
  • williamtl
    Options
    Ditto. My husband sent me a text message (joke) and told me that he was leaving me for the person at the window that made his caramel frappe. He said that it looked better than the picture! Before he came home that day I went to Walmart and bought him a frappe machine. We use Starbucks espresso beans and sugar free caramel (he has a secret recipe). Since then not only does he make me a frappe everyday, he has been successful at cutting down the calories without skimping on flavor. We have both continued to lose weight even though the "enemy" has now infiltrated our domain.
  • TJTAMPA1004
    Options
    OMG now I have to get myself a frappe machine! How much are they?
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is sugar! The fact is that it is like a drug for me. I can be 'off' it for weeks and feel so much better but here comes Halloween and there's a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, the most amazing combination of peanut butter and chocolate ever invented, and I am sucked back in. I finally had to throw away all the chocolate halloween candy because if not I was going to devour it all.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion, maybe wherever you add sugar at home you could add natural sweeteners like agave syrup, maple syrup or honey that the body can better digest. so when you indulge, you can feel a bit better about it :) the only time i really have added sugar during my day is 2tsp in my morning coffee.

I respectfully disagree with this comment. Your body very easily digests all types of sugars. That's why candy bars give you such a sugar rush.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OMG now I have to get myself a frappe machine! How much are they?

The one that most restaurants, bars, smoothie and coffee places use is the Vita Mix. The blades spin ridiculously fast so they chop the ice thoroughly. A new one is around $450, depending on which package you get. But they are amazing and can be used for so much more than smoothies or coffee drinks. You can make ice creams and sorbets, even soups that come out hot. And because the puree so finely you can put fruit/vegetables in practically whole and you get amazing health benefits that you can't get any other way.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is sugar! The fact is that it is like a drug for me. I can be 'off' it for weeks and feel so much better but here comes Halloween and there's a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, the most amazing combination of peanut butter and chocolate ever invented, and I am sucked back in. I finally had to throw away all the chocolate halloween candy because if not I was going to devour it all.

I am the same way, I have been told that I need to treat sugar like an addiction. So for the most part I have to stay way from it, I still have a hard time limiting my sugar from everyday food but I have gotten better. I have no sugar added popcicles and only eat 60% coca dark chocolate. Going with the 60% cocoa chocolate helps with the sugar part of the chocolate craving, once I start I can stop eating after just one.

Oh and Nutella is just yummy, (I can no longer have it in my house, I was eating it by the spoon full.)
  • williamtl
    Options
    They are around $80.00 at Walmart. It's made by Mr. Coffee and we can't live without it. To get a smooth product be sure to use the type of ice cubes recommended in the directions.
  • Candypoetrygirl
    Candypoetrygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    okay I just burst out laughing cos now the frappe machine is getting very popular! LOL

I want to eat healthy on a budget and I need a bread substitute.

Any suggestions, anyone?