Time of Day for weighing?

Options
Hi just wanted to know what time of the day everyone likes to weigh in at?
I used to weugh on a Wed at 7pm - kept that up cos it was when my Weight Watchers meeting was on, but recently started weighing in on a Wed morning.

Does it matter what time of the day once you do it the same time every week?

By the way I'm a serial weighing scales hopper - I hop on and off at least once if not twice a day which I am really trying to stop

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I weigh on Monday mornings every week. I stay away from the scales any other time but that.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday mornings, the second I roll out of bed and pee(of course)! That way my weekend doesn't discourage me! :) I am also a scale hopper. I weigh before bed every night.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    No , as long as it the same day each week, same time , same scale ( in the same place)

For me its friday morning after the bathroom, and before breakfast!

good luck!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You just have to be consistent. Your weight fluctuates all day long based on what you're eating and drinking and how many times you use the restroom. As long as you pick the same day/time each week, you can track your loss. I like Tuesday mornings right out of bed after I go to the bathroom (hey, every ounce of pee adds up :laugh: ) - Monday's always seem to stink for me (even though I stick with my food & exercise plan).
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I weigh myself after I use the toilet, have an empty stomache, same scales, same place, same time, and same day.

Most accurate I can get.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a serial scale hopper too! Every morning I weigh in after the bathroom and before I consume anything!! I've read a multitude of articles that say once a week weighins is the best because your weight fluctuates on a daily basis. I cannot control my eating if I don't weigh in everyday.

Good Luck!!!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    It is best to weigh yourself in the mornings before you eat or drink anything. I read once where you should wait until you have been up for 20 minutes for the most accurate weighing. Some say to only do it weekly but I believe doing it daily let's you know how you are doing with your meals. If you weigh more one day, you know to cut back on what you are eating. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi just wanted to know what time of the day everyone likes to weigh in at?
    I used to weugh on a Wed at 7pm - kept that up cos it was when my Weight Watchers meeting was on, but recently started weighing in on a Wed morning.

Does it matter what time of the day once you do it the same time every week?

By the way I'm a serial weighing scales hopper - I hop on and off at least once if not twice a day which I am really trying to stop

I don't think it matters, as long as you do it at the same time each time and have roughly the same weight of clothing on. I weigh myself in the morning just before hopping into the shower.

And I am also a scales hopper - I can't help it! Plus the Wii Fit always wants to weigh me everytime I play that, which doesn't help! :smile:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I am a serial scale hopper too! Every morning I weigh in after the bathroom and before I consume anything!! I've read a multitude of articles that say once a week weighins is the best because your weight fluctuates on a daily basis. I cannot control my eating if I don't weigh in everyday.

Good Luck!!!

I am exactly the same way! Weighing in daily keeps me in check mentally. I don't stress out too much over the day to day changes, but it definitely keeps me walking the straight and narrow! I also like that I weigh the least at that time of day :blushing:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Waiting the 20 minutes is interesting. Know the reason why?

...and all you nekkid weigh'ers...exhibitionists!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i believe the only way to get a regular weigh in each week is to do it the same day each week and first thing in the morning... before a shower, after the toilet!

if you weigh yourself at 7pm every wednesday.. can you guarentee you have ate the same amount of weight, and drank the same amount of litres every wednesday through the day? some dinners take longer to digest than others so will be 'heavier' inside you.

Do it first thing in the morning once a week and the only thing fluctuating should be water ( but this will be at a minimum after your body loosing water through the night and after the toilet in the morning.

Hope this helps... but this is why weight watchers goers 'put on weight' one week, they had a meal at lunch heavier than the week before!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    oh and the reason you do it before a shower... your body can absorb around 0.2-0.5 pounds of water in the shower in your skin... try it! weigh your self before and after the shower and you will see :)
  • reflections
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Wed. mornings. I usually weigh in as soon as I wake up after using the bathroom in my birthday suit.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Wed. mornings. I usually weigh in as soon as I wake up after using the bathroom in my birthday suit.

Ditto except I weigh on Tuesday morning.
  • kcole83
    kcole83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definately don't want any clothing adding on extra pounds :o)
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    oh and the reason you do it before a shower... your body can absorb around 0.2-0.5 pounds of water in the shower in your skin... try it! weigh your self before and after the shower and you will see :)

Really?! Bummer! I just showered and was going to weigh in! :(