Why doesnt MFP track calories burned during strength??

Options
13»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Also I will add I know you don't lift weights to burn calories but I am doing Metcons with include cardio and lifting in the African heat. I am sweating my butt off during these. I just want to make sure I eat enough to fuel my body. I know how to loose weight my biggest concern is maintaining and building muscle mass.

how much you sweat has no correlation to how many calories you are burning either. but don't worry if you arent eating enough - especially when you are working lose to 1RM- it wont take long for you to realize that you need more food.

i'm doing the TDEE method, so all my workouts get logged as 1 calorie. I have my calorie goals set up to include my daily deficit taking into account i will be working out 3-5 hours per week. On the rare occasions that I do more workouts, i log the "actual" calorie counts and will eat back a portion
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    In - for the first person to remind everyone that you can't track calorie burn for anaerobic activity with a heart rate monitor.

There - I said it.

lol - word!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    They do track calories for strength you are just not looking hard enough.
  • chatty826
    Options
    The one rep max doesnt burn many calories but the strength portion of WODs does. Anyhow I got my answer quite awhile back thanks.
    i don't know how many sets/reps it takes to find your one rep max

but i would expect doing one rep maxs to burn many calories