Getting back in track after Christmas

Options
Hi guys

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I was home with my family from Friday 20th and really over ate and didn't log! I don't mind so much because I enjoyed it and tried to be a little bit careful with what I ate but just wondering what people advise to get back on track and what are other peoples experiences of eating over the holiday?

I know people will say I should have logged anyway, worked out and continued to eat well but I couldn't do that really and it's bit late now anyway haha so any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple .. not rocket science. Just get back on the horse and do it .. just as you did before. Most of us gained some over the last while .. so we just have to do what we have been doing to get to this point. Simple calorie deficit thing with some exercise thrown in for luck.

I gained the exact same amount as at Thanksgiving and I lost that in less than a week. So I am not stressing about anything .. just business as usual. But a loss this week will probably not happen, and I am ok with that.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I was home with my family from Friday 20th and really over ate and didn't log! I don't mind so much because I enjoyed it and tried to be a little bit careful with what I ate but just wondering what people advise to get back on track and what are other peoples experiences of eating over the holiday?

I know people will say I should have logged anyway, worked out and continued to eat well but I couldn't do that really and it's bit late now anyway haha so any advice?

Thanks

Meh I just did a mini bulk for 2 weeks .. so over eating is part of that process.
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    start logging and exercising today! today is better than tomorrow :)
  • lauraloy2013
    lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks yea I am planning to start first thing tomorrow. Not planning on exercising today already in bed for the night and working in the morning. I know I just need to log again properly and exercise just needed reassurance that others have over indulged this Christmas.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. I was away and ate at maintenance for the last week and did not exercise at all. Today was my first day back home and I immediately started eating at my 500 calorie deficit and went for a 5k run. Back to my routine :)
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just get right back to it. The problem with the holidays is that people turn one bad day of eating into a 3 week feast. I think it's ok to have your holiday for the day and get right back on the wagon the next day.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Back on it today. Still had some leftover's. But I am within range and will still hit gym tonight. I also threw some of those more tempting and less healthy leftovers (cheesecake) in the trash.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't know...it was just one day...today is pretty much just back to normal. It's not a big deal.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Have you looked around the boards, there are loads of people who overate, didn't exercise, gained, etc.. But it's just one day or even a week etc, just get back to your normal allowance/routine, and you'll be fine. :smile: