Here's hoping.

Options
Joined here, not only for tools to keep track and keep me motivated. But because humiliation motivates me. Not that I want anyone to say harsh things "in fact please don't" but being open and honest and posting my true body image is humiliation enough. Knowing people can come across it.... Motivates me to make change. To prove to myself I can.

Here's hoping this time around is the round that works. I've given up every other time I have tried. This is the first time I have done a community page and just put it all out there.

Little nervous. But hopeful. I'm very good at being a cheerleader for others. And I look forward to reading about your guys successes. Even not so successful attempts to learn how to do my path a little better. I'm clueless. Looking forward to learning through everyone here.

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You've come to a great place to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Getting friends on here will really help to keep you accountable on your journey. I love to support fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are back speaks volumes to me! You have THE character trait needed to make your goals become a reality. That trait is PERSEVERANCE! Listen, you can't keep giving up unless you have kept trying not to. To persevere is to persist, continue, to keep on, struggle on, hammer away, be determined, see/follow something through, keep at it, press on/ahead, not take no for an answer, be tenacious, hold on, go the distance, stay the course, plod on, to stop at nothing. You have what it takes to be victorious: you have a warrior's heart. Now, it just high time you string some victories together!

I''m telling you that if you KEEP trying and stick with it, you'll get to where you want to be! I need you, TODAY, to make a DECISION that this is THE MOMENT that you'll take your destiny squarely in your hands! DECIDE TODAY that you are taking the first step to the new you, and that you've taken the LAST step on your previous path. Make the decision right now...TODAY! I know you can do it, and you WILL!! Do you believe it? If so, then let's get this together!!!! LET"S GO!!!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Joined here, not only for tools to keep track and keep me motivated. But because humiliation motivates me. Not that I want anyone to say harsh things "in fact please don't" but being open and honest and posting my true body image is humiliation enough. Knowing people can come across it.... Motivates me to make change. To prove to myself I can.

Here's hoping this time around is the round that works. I've given up every other time I have tried. This is the first time I have done a community page and just put it all out there.

Little nervous. But hopeful. I'm very good at being a cheerleader for others. And I look forward to reading about your guys successes. Even not so successful attempts to learn how to do my path a little better. I'm clueless. Looking forward to learning through everyone here.

Just imagine how good you will feel as you lose weight and are able to post those pictures. Seeing where you came from and how much you can achieve will make you feel SO good. And looking at your pictures.... You've got some curves, girl! They're just waiting to show off a bit.
  • Samphires
    Samphires Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, I'm hoping the community can help me lose the 100+ pounds I need to shift.
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    welcome hunnie.. every journey starts somewhere. nd u have made the first step.. putting pics up shows that u r ready to make changes.. take each day steady and remember its not a race.. my advice seing as u have done START pics is to keep track with the photos.. but remember it take 4 weeks for u to see ur body change, so stay motivated.. if u r exercising too.. then measure.. i took a photo of myself in bra nd knickers.. and marked on it the exact places i measured.. .. i believe in u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    great friends and a great mfp family r also key.. make sure u find people who will support u on here.. feel free to add me.. and any other new members on here.. back to it 1/1/2014.. after putting on the 2 stone i lost... as i stopped logging xxxxxxxxx
  • Crsfire
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Starting over again. you can do it.
  • StrengthCharm
    Options
    Hers hoping for me as well. Im tired of being this way...tired of sayin this is it..this is the time...and never follow through..I want to make this happen THIS time. I f I dont...Im afraid I never will....

P.S. can read this through laptop...not iPad or iPhone. Dumb. lol
  • StrugglingStrong
    StrugglingStrong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind message .... and for giving me a friend here!! Here is to our journeys! WE WILL BOTH REACH the fork that ends this one and leads to another! Thank you
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    Thank you for your truly inspiring message. I truly appreciate that!!! It gave me hope! also the way you worded it, made me realize I didn't want to let me down, or others who read this post!! thank you ...... again thank you.
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    Thank you so much for that!!! I used to never have curves ... stick strait, Three kids later. Things change!! Thank youso very much for what you said! Cheers to our goals!!
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    we can help each other :) Hope you don't mind me adding you
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    great friends and a great mfp family r also key.. make sure u find people who will support u on here.. feel free to add me.. and any other new members on here.. back to it 1/1/2014.. after putting on the 2 stone i lost... as i stopped logging xxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for both of your messages!!! I really needed to hear these things .... You are all so welcoming so supportive, I have never felt so much hope so quickly! Thank you
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    Hers hoping for me as well. Im tired of being this way...tired of sayin this is it..this is the time...and never follow through..I want to make this happen THIS time. I f I dont...Im afraid I never will....

P.S. can read this through laptop...not iPad or iPhone. Dumb. lol

Glad you figured it out girl!! love you tons. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my profile I was the same way I can believe I posted the pictures that I did but it did help me!!! Add me if you like I am on everyday and Cant wait to read and see your new pictures in the "Success stories" section one day soon! Work hard and the results are wayyyyyyyyyyy worth it! Take care
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    Take a look at my profile I was the same way I can believe I posted the pictures that I did but it did help me!!! Add me if you like I am on everyday and Cant wait to read and see your new pictures in the "Success stories" section one day soon! Work hard and the results are wayyyyyyyyyyy worth it! Take care

Absolutely will take a look ... thank you so very much for your words, Added you! Thanks for being so welcoming!
  • lora1570
    Options
    Back to Atkins or This? Needless to say I've tried it all..lol
    I Started Atkins before Thanksgiving and was good for 21 days until the week before Christmas.

Told myself, I would start back on it Today. Didn't happen today because I was a member of myfitnesspal going back in the summer time. Didn't really keep track like I should have, didn't exercise as much as I said I would and feel I didn't really give it
    a good chance.
    The thought of eating just meat, eggs and cheese again does not trill me to say the least..lol

Looks like myfitnesspal changed a few things around since I was on last but I'll at least login tomorrow and reweigh myself and see it
    I get motivated!

Here's hoping
    Lora
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are back speaks volumes to me! You have THE character trait needed to make your goals become a reality. That trait is PERSEVERANCE! Listen, you can't keep giving up unless you have kept trying not to. To persevere is to persist, continue, to keep on, struggle on, hammer away, be determined, see/follow something through, keep at it, press on/ahead, not take no for an answer, be tenacious, hold on, go the distance, stay the course, plod on, to stop at nothing. You have what it takes to be victorious: you have a warrior's heart. Now, it just high time you string some victories together!

I''m telling you that if you KEEP trying and stick with it, you'll get to where you want to be! I need you, TODAY, to make a DECISION that this is THE MOMENT that you'll take your destiny squarely in your hands! DECIDE TODAY that you are taking the first step to the new you, and that you've taken the LAST step on your previous path. Make the decision right now...TODAY! I know you can do it, and you WILL!! Do you believe it? If so, then let's get this together!!!! LET"S GO!!!!

Wow!!! Can I be your friend??? He seems so awesome! You can totally do this, girl :flowerforyou:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    you got the right frame of mind and definitely the courage. good luck to you.feel free to add.
  • StrugglingStrong
    Options
    Back to Atkins or This? Needless to say I've tried it all..lol
    I Started Atkins before Thanksgiving and was good for 21 days until the week before Christmas.

Told myself, I would start back on it Today. Didn't happen today because I was a member of myfitnesspal going back in the summer time. Didn't really keep track like I should have, didn't exercise as much as I said I would and feel I didn't really give it
    a good chance.
    The thought of eating just meat, eggs and cheese again does not trill me to say the least..lol

Looks like myfitnesspal changed a few things around since I was on last but I'll at least login tomorrow and reweigh myself and see it
    I get motivated!

Here's hoping
    Lora

YOU GOT THIS Lora! WE both do!!