trouble staying motivated...

Options
Hello all,
I have recently been struggling to stay motivated. I am in the home stretch of my journey with only 10 pounds left to reach my goal. I have 6 weeks left until the 1-year anniversary of the day my journey began, so I would like to see it all gone by then. I just have one question: how do you all stay motivated? I have been finding it extremely difficult for awhile now, but even now more so than ever and I don't know why. Everyone tells me I look smaller, but I haven't noticed much difference. (there are pics on my profile if you want to see for yourselves). I don't feel any smaller, I haven't finished most of my workouts lately, which is never a good thing. I don't know if I just need more support or something to take me that extra mile or what. My friend is planning on taking me shopping for some fitting clothes before I go back to school in January. I just really need to stay motivated and I don't know how to...

Replies

• mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wish that I could help you but I find myself in the same boat. My workouts have been non existent. And I have been eating junk for months. I am hoping to join a gym in a week to see if that will spark some motivation...
  • CaseG710
    Options
    I have a motivation board on pinterest with all the clothes I want to be able to wear. It really helps. I also buy stuff every 10 lbs I lose. I just started but I can't wait to see what happens in this journey!!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit! Remind yourself of why you started on this journey in the first place and put reminders of it all over the freakin' place! Also, why not join a challenge? Sometimes that requires you to stay accountable to a group of people? I run a bunch of groups and it REALLY helps!

Feel free to friend me!
  • Mercybou
    Options
    Don't let everything you've worked for go down the drain. You are there 10 more pound it is hard I have days I don't even want to get up and work out but I do it any ways don't allow your self yo listen to the I'm tired I don't feel like it, let that be your motivation when you want to give up push harder. Push thru it.
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I read your profile; don't forget about those people who called you FAT! Get fierce, let you're anger towards them push you through and motivate you to prove them wrong...(otherwise they win.) You already look great, and have accomplished much so either way you really do still win. But if your goal is 10 more lbs. than just do it! You are way to close not to finish now. Everyone experiences highs and lows; pick yourself up and shake it off. It may be harder to do now because you are so much thinner. Don't give up or go back. You deserve to be healthy. Good luck ~ You got this!!