Need some motivation

Options
When I first started my weight loss 3 years ago...I started at 230 lbs and I'm only 5'3". I lost over a year a total of 60 lbs which brought me at my lowest in a long time of 158 lbs. I felt great, I was exercising everyday at the gym and writing down everything I ate in a journal. I wasn't eating any breads or starches, meals were usually a serving of meat and vegetables. I would snack on popcorn, fruits and vegetables. Then slowly, I stopped going to the gym. I write nothing down and I can't seem to motivate to start up again. I am 47 years old and seems to have lost all my get up and go. What can I do to get myself to start up again. I stopped going to the gym everyday because I felt I was beginning to get obsessed with it, because I have a very addicting personality. I go from eating to much to something else. Now I am at 170lbs and my clothes are getting tight again and my midsection has the beginnings of that muffin top over my jeans again. I don't want to get to be 230 lbs or more again. What do I do? I have the Wii Fit and the Biggest Loser Wii game and dance games and just can't get into it. I need help so bad. Everyone I hang out with is skinny and they don't really exercise. My husband needs to lose weight also, but he isn't inclined to do so. So I have no one to push me to do it. Again....HELP! Please!

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! you really can start by just writing down what you eat and begin by cutting your calorie intake little by little. I have really not time to excersise I work full time and have an 18month old little girl so Im pretty much busy every day. But I have noticed just keeping up with calorie count I have been able to successfully lose over 20lbs!!! you can do it too!!!!! come on just jump back on the wagon and join us again!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Motivation...let me see :happy:
    You know you 'can' do it. From what you were writing you did all the right things to lose pnds and that is awesome. The thing that seems to be the down fall is you needed to incorporate it into a healthy lifestyle. Were you passing oppurtunities for family, friends, events, etc.. to go to the gym? Being a person who has a tendency towards being compulsive you could make a schedule for yourself on which days to go to the gym and for how long. If you being a healthy person is addictive then why not be a healthy person? The results of your addiction would be a life less likely to suffer from heart problems (the number one killer of women), and all those other deseases that come from being not in shape. Not to mention to be able to grab an adventure and know you can handle it. And your quality of life also goes way up. Get your groove on girl! Hey..why not save up, buy a couple of bikes, and take up bike riding. That is something you and your hub could do together. Then you both could be bikers together. You have some work out dvd's. How about throwing a challenge to yourself about how long or which ones you are going to do when. Find some new recipes that follow the healthy lifestyle you want to live and start incorporating those into your daily life. Go for it! Being healthy is not some punishment that you 'have' to do. Being healthy is more like being able to experience life on a scale that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled! Embrace how you felt when you were at your goal. Know that being human means slipping and falling. Toby Mac "Get Back Up"...youtube the good version. Lets Get Back Up together and push through the dulldrums.
    You can add me if you wish :happy:
    My challenge for today is to try that cauliflower pizza crust that was on the site last week. So make yourself a goal and know you can do it!
    jac
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    RAA RAA REE! Get on that Wii.
    RAA RAA ROW! Get on it now.
    Woooo Hoooo! You can do this...lol
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Hello....................weight loss is just plain hard! Especially if you like to eat. We as woman, have the basic desire to be healthy, thinner, sexy and energetic.............sometimes that just falls by the way side and we get in ruts. Taking pills as we get older, especially from the abuse we do to our bodies is just plain insanity. Soooooooooooooooooooo, my friend...............................make the choice................start little by little and add good food back to your daily eating plan and as far as exercise......I only do it 2 - 3 times per week..................you don't have to go every day and in my opinion, you shouldn't. You should give your body a day of rest in between. With the food modification and the on again off again exercise............you should be able to trick your body back into losing weight and as that happens, you will have more energy and feel so much better about yourself...................good luck and friend me if you would like:bigsmile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, as you know you can do it. Put 2 pictures up on your fridge or in your kitchen your highest weight and your lowest as a reminder.

Also when i have lost weight in the pass i have held on to my "bigger clothes" this time i have given them away.

add me as a friend if you like we can encourage each other! by the way i'm 5' 4 , and 49 years old mum of 3 and have lost 35lbs in the last year.
  • crbirt
    crbirt Posts: 12
    Options
    After 3 kids, I just had to make up my mind to finally do it and stay with it. You have to find something that you will stick with, and get a support system in place. You can friend me or others on MFP and email, blog, whatever if that's the only motivation you can find. Also, I know you worry about your addictive personality, but your health is very important. Being overweight is not going to help you stay healthy as you get older. That was one of my motivations, I was getting older and I didn't want to have all the health issues that are in my family. You know, it's possible that I'm overdoing it with my exercise, but unless I'm hurting my body, I'm not going to worry about it. I go workout before I go to work, then I have the evening with my kids and hubby. I'm fortunate that my hubby is supportive of my weight loss, he has been since the beginning, and I have friends here who have been behind me encouraging me. If you need support, you can friend me, and I'll help however I can.

2326887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pkndl3
    Options
    what cauliflower pizza crust recipe? If you still have it...could you please send it back to me? Thanks alot...
  • pkndl3
    Options
    Also it was much easier even 3 years ago than it is now...I feel like my metabolism has just up and left me. I'm hoping to find it back...I can't really do the running thing for long periods of time because I have asthma and I get shin splints...but I do run from telephone pole to telephone pole and then walk the next set and then run again for the next ones on and off again....
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    well, you're on here so you must have some motivation in you. you're a long way away from that 230 you used to be. you're in a rut right now. we were all there before. first, don't depend on anyone else for your fitness and diet regime. make time for your friends and your husband, then concentrate on you. remember, it's not that people don't want you to succeed. it's that they don't understand the struggle or the impact it has on you emotionally. you can only depend on number one in this game. do the things that make you feel good. write down your journal, cut back on bad food. not all of it but make sure you stay somewhere in your weightloss or at least your maintenance zone. you can do it. you've just got to tell yourself you're worth the time and effort. good luck.
  • hilyg
    hilyg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm where you are, sister. My husband is actually underweight, and my kids are perfect. I have joined this site just so I can have some form of accountability--but then I have some pretty severe body issues, and a mildly competitive nature. I see people around me losing weight, so I feel I have to, too. Maybe that would help? If nothing else, you can join up with me. I'm 205 and need to get down to 140. We can encourage each other.

:flowerforyou: