Macro/calorie help

Options
I'm a 5'7 female, weighing at 194 lbs. I had my third baby four months ago and am exclusively breastfeeding her plus nursing my almost two year old toddler several times a day. I strength train and condition with a trainer twice a week and am working up to lifting heavy. We do squats with weight, dead lifts, RDLs and then do some conditioning through circuits. I do Insanity on Mondays, Wed, Thurs and Fri and work out with my trainer on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Sundays I either totally rest or do a very light run. I lost the baby weight with both my older children not easily, but with work. This time around the weight is not budging. It appears I'm eating too many calories. My diet has cleaned up a lot because my baby is dairy intolerant. This eliminated a lot of prepackaged crap I was eating. I am unsure with working out if I should eat back my exercise calories and if I should add calories for breastfeeding. After my last pregnancy I pretty well ruined my metabolism by doing Insanity and eating 1200 calories a day while breastfeeding. I lost weight, almost 50 pounds but was always very tired. Looking to do it a more sustainable way this time around. Suggestions?

Replies

• mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • kdt8810
    kdt8810 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes momma! Eat! I think I messed myself up too eating WAY too little and exercising too much while my LO was four months. She's now 11 months and I have six more pounds to go. It's coming off slowly - I have to remind myself to eat enough everyday. If I were you - I'd eat back your exercise calories and about 200-500 more for breastfeeding. And this isn't the best news but I heard Andrea Orbeck ( fancy pants post natal trainer) say that most women hang on to 5 - 10 pounds until they wean. So, now I eat properly and workout so I'm the best mom I can be and the weight will come off eventually. Another momma on the boards reminded me recently to think of food as fuel. It's true - eating nutritious meals and snack will help with energy level! You can do this!
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've heard that 10-15 pounds thing! Which is OK, I have at least 40 to go. So if I set MFP to lose 1.5 pounds a week plus eat exercise calories and 300 extra for breastfeeding, that should work?
  • kdt8810
    kdt8810 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In theory, yes, that should work. You might need to eat more for nursing - some women eat 500 calories extra. Play with it and see where you are happy and still losing. You got this!