How often do you or are supposed to weigh in

Options
or measure yourself?

Replies

• Robin_Brown72
    Robin_Brown72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only post results on Fridays. I started doing that to keep myself in check. I started measuring myself once a month. I also take pics when I measure. The pics help see my progress even if scale number isn't as low as I'd like.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There's no set amount that you're supposed to do it. Personally I weigh every day and measure on Sundays. Some people find daily weigh ins overwhelming and only weigh once or twice a week (or less). Try a couple of things and see what seems the most useful to you.
  • Malachai76
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week every saturday first thing in the morning before eating and after going to the toilet. The reason for this is the body can fluxtuate a lot so if you weigh at different times or a lot you'll get untrue readings. But my advice is don't get caught up in the numbers the main thing is to focus on the inches if your getting smaller around the waist etc your losing weight. Good luck
  • Crsfire
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week every saturday first thing in the morning before eating and after going to the toilet. The reason for this is the body can fluxtuate a lot so if you weigh at different times or a lot you'll get untrue readings. But my advice is don't get caught up in the numbers the main thing is to focus on the inches if your getting smaller around the waist etc your losing weight. Good luck

Nice that is what I do. I'm glad someone brought up after going to the toilet.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. I track everything daily. First thing I get on my Aria scale which syncs over wifi to Fitbit which shares with MFP. Then I take my blood pressure. I enter my weight onto Hacker's Diet Online because I like the graphs. TrendWeight pulls my data from Fitbit. Both TrendWeight and Hacker's Diet show smoothed weighted averages. I also do some visualization of my data in Google Spreadsheets. Check out my blog for how I pull it all together: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/.

It's important to me to weigh everyday for consistency. But I look at the smoothed weighted average trendline to filter out noise of variation.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who weigh themselves every day :) I like to see the fluctuations, and have found dietary things like too much sodium to cause bloat and am working on controlling it. My weight also spikes a few lbs the day before *that time of month* starts, so I'm not taken off guard muahahaha ;D
    My weight drops around .3lbs per day when I am losing steadily, but I only record on MFP every few days so that people aren't annoyed by my constant statuses xP I use an app called tactio on my iphone to log my weight EVERYDAY (the good and the bad) and track fluctuations/patterns, BMI, days to my goal, etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day, but only my Friday morning weight counts. Good or Bad that's what get logged.

I never measure because it made me so frustrated I would have quit long ago. I've not lost a single inch yet. I know a lot of people are opposite though and lose more inches than pounds - so it's good to do both if you can.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log on Sunday. N I measure once a month
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day, but only my Friday morning weight counts. Good or Bad that's what get logged.

I never measure because it made me so frustrated I would have quit long ago. I've not lost a single inch yet. I know a lot of people are opposite though and lose more inches than pounds - so it's good to do both if you can.

How did you lose 42lbs and not lost even an inch. I don't think that's even remotely possible unless u didn't measure when u started but you had to have lost an inch or 2.
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Tuesday morning, as this is also a day I go to the gym and seeing if I've lost/stayed the same motivates me to work harder on my workout!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. There's no one right way. I weigh once a week, measure once a month, and take pictures every two months.
  • ashiii1
    ashiii1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Once a week, in the morning when I wake up, after the obligatory pee and right before I hop in the shower. Do it whenever it's best for you, but aim for consistency.