Never too old to start something new!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am 69 and have been struggling with my weight for many years. Up & down & back up again. Just had gall bladder surgery and still in recovery mode. I thought this would be a great time to jump in here with both feet and since I've lost a bit since the surgery I would try to keep it going. My daughter has encouraged me to sign up here and this is a site the doctor also recommends.

Best wished to everyone for a Happy,, Healthy New Year.!

Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome :-) I would love to be your friend on here. I offer lots of support. You can do this. One pound at a time :flowerforyou:
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Add me as a friend if you care to. I am 65. This is a great place for support. Login every day. Log every morsel you eat, log your exercise, whatever it is. Folk here will help you along if you log in regularly.

Again, welcome!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am 63 ...add me too. Lots of us "older" folks here. Welcome
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im 53 and starting over AGAIN add me if you want
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I am 58.
    I'm here so that I can achieve your age,
    but free from the effects of my current problems
    with diabetes and high blood pressure.
    Let's be friends!
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey how are you doing, today this place is so cool you get support on the journey of loosing weight, if you want add me i am here, everyone can support one another. everyone has different ways and different stories, good luck on your journey
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm 58 and starting again. I have about 50lbs to go. I log everyday.
  • PolarPurple
    PolarPurple Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me too. I just joined today and also feel I am never too old to start something new!
    Since I have never been here before, I am not familiar on how to go about adding friends. I would like
    to also have people who are in the same situation as I am to offer any help or suggestions. Thank you!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Good luck!! To a healthier you!!!
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and a speedy recovery!! :)
  • jobrady100
    jobrady100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being so welcoming. I appreciate all the support. Didn't log on yesterday but intend to start every day. Boy the calories sure do add up. This is an eye opening experience....