rockers wanted :)

Options
broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
Just wanting to find some pals who love rock music like I do. I have tried many times to start threads on here for people to talk about music, new songs etc but they never seemed to go anywhere! ! I like heavier stuff like FFDP, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot and Mudvayne. I also like lighter stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown and Framing Hanley. My celeb crush is John Dolmayan, drummer of SOAD and Scars on Broadway. So lets rock out with our socks out!!!

Replies

• DC_run_lift
    Options
    I like your taste in music :) I myself am a huge Deftones fan. I also like some hip hop. Rock out girl!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    great taste in music...love it...also a big fan of bands like night wish and within temptation.
  • Matt24442
    Options
    So lets rock out with our socks out!!!

XQQhwiP.gif
  • nickperry35380
    nickperry35380 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry like Michael buble and robin thicke lol... And a bit of blink 182
  • Matt24442
    Options

wbIHVOq.gif
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My last 2 concerts were Rob Zombie! He puts on an awesome show!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I saw Shinedown in concert last year. They were opening for Kiss and they were pretty good:)
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Rob zombie does put on a great show!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i love all genres, but the best band i've seen live is Slipknot. just epic show. i've also seen SOAD and Deftones live (that was amazing)...SOAD and Tool are my favorite bands :bigsmile:

I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as a "rocker chick" though cause I don't listen to just rock...some days I just want to listen to some good ol pop music, flamenco, classical. depends on my mood.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    I have a wide range of music taste. Never been a fan of country or rap/hip-hop. I do enjoy pop music, 90's rock, alternative and punk rock music, along with some hard rock and horror rock. I do not like umm...whats it called like screaming rock? you know when you can't understand a word of the song because they scream the words. I need to be able to understand the lyrics to like it.
  • nickperry35380
    nickperry35380 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rob zombie does good films as we'll :-)
  • handyrunner
    Options
    I have to admit my tastes have broaden ed to. and it's surprising some of the stuff I listen to. but still my favorites will always be the harder stuff
  • PunkyRachel
    Options

Blink 182 are awesome! I'll pass on robin thicke, and Micheal is too soft, puts me to sleep lol
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    Rob zombie does good films as we'll :-)

yes he does.
  • handyrunner
    Options
    lol but sometimes it's soft music that is just the tool to help sleepy time.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nice taste in music. You had me at Slipknot. They are probably one of my favorite Rock/Metal bands. I like a lot of genres of music, but I do like a lot of rock, alternative, & metal.
  • karkelo
    Options
    Awesome! I like Rock and almost every branch of Metal music too (except for Black Metal). I love to go to Rock and Metal festivals like Wacken, Rock am Ring or Summer Breeze, so I have seen many Bands. I just got a ticket for the summer breeze 2014 as a christmas present :D I can recommend you some good bands and songs you can check out if you like (but mainly European/scandinavic). Here just a few Bands and Songs that I like:

- Katatonia - Lethean
    - In Flames - Fear is the Weakness --> The whole album 'Sounds of a Playground fading' is great
    - Eluveitie - Tegernako --> awesome Medieval/Pagan/Folk Metal
    - Finntroll - Jaktens Tid
    - Amorphis - Sky is mine
    - Korpiklaani - Tervaskanto --> Humppa Metal
    - Ghost Brigade - Minus Side
    - Equilibrium - Blut im Auge
    - Haggard - Tales of Itheria (Medieval Metal with elements from classic music)
    - In Extremo - Liam
  • broox80
    Options
    This is awesome! !! Thanks everyone! ! I am a full blown rocker chick but I have just come to appreciate the art of rap. I have a kid on my caseload (I am a social worker for kids in a group home) who is a rapper and the kid is damn talented. I live in So IL where everyone listens to country :/ I had to get homecoming queen to "In Anothers Eyes" by Garth Brooks. I wanted Comfortably Numb. My redneck school wouldnt hear of it!! Thats a song about drugs!! So lets use a song about an affair then!!! SEEMS LEGIT!! Well you all are in good company!! Add me if you like ;)
  • broox80
    Options
    So lets rock out with our socks out!!!

XQQhwiP.gif
    Thats my absolute fav movie too :)