Waking up in the night very hungry?

Options
Not sure why this keeps happening. It even happens when I stay very hydrated and eat plenty of proteins. Yesterday, I ate a lot of protein and drank a good amount of water but I woke up in the night at 2 am famished. I drank some water but was still starving so I had some yogurt. So far I'm not putting on weight from the night snacks but I'm not sure why I'm waking up so hungry. I exercise but eat all my calories that MFP says I need and eat very healthy, filling foods. I've started opting for snacks before bed that are high in protein but I still wake up hungry. What could be the issue?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you dont seem to be consistent with logging. are you eating enough calories during the day?
    maybe your calorie goal is a bigger deficit than you think.
    do you workout? if so what are they like?
    is there some change you can make to you dinner?
  • WannabeSC
    WannabeSC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was having those nights and was getting pretty miserable. I ended up increasing my calories slightly and actually improved my weight loss per week. Guess my body knew what it needed. Now my weight loss has slowed again, but is steady and I'm sleeping well.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try having some good fats with your protein snack , it'll slow digestion and may help you get through the night :)
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When my calories or carbs get too low this happens to me. Try adding in 100-200 cals/day. It can be hard if you are eating plenty of healthy fats/proteins, which are really satiating. Just have a good snack and you should sleep a bit better!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would try adding a bit of bulk like fiber to your last snack of the night.