Best Running App for iPhone?

Options
Hi, I have decided to get into running and I have been left very overwhelmed by the amount of running apps for iPhone. I have looked online for reviews and comparisons but they each give different results and most we're posted before iOS7 when most of them were updated. I've managed to condense my list down to 3; Nike+, Strava and Runkeeper but I can't seem to decide which to use because they all have their own stand out features. I have used Nike+ before because it was recommended to me when I bought my Nike trainers and I've never had a problem with it but I am a sucker for design and simplicity and Strava seems to just look so good and have the most analytical features of them all. I got Runkeeper when I found out you could connect it to MyFitnessPal which I thought would be fantastic and save me time inputting calories and so on. It would be great to know your opinions on the three, thank you!

Replies

• MadCat
    MadCat Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump for input from others...
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    I use MapMyRun to track my run, and I run with Zombies, Run to keep me motivated...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer Endomondo Pro myself..... Best of Luck
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun too and zombies just kicks *kitten* as something to challenge yourself edit; zombies aren't to everybodys taste though
    I must admit though I do like the Nike+ versatility
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I use MiCoach from Adidas. I like it on the whole, doesn't seem to be as widely used as some of the other apps though.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of um and I like runtastic pro. Mainly because it syncs with MFP. There isn't much in it between endomondo and Runtastic. Endomondo pro is more expensive but I think you get free programs. Runtastic is cheaper but you have to pay for programs. Mapmyrun is great for working out programs before you go . I tend to use the PC front end for working out a run before I go.

A great app as well is training peaks which is very nifty if you cross train or are chasing a goal. It is expensive (full package costs 120 per year) and it needs a GPS based app to feed data into it but it does allow you to forward plan your training (it will even do it for you) so you can peak at key times in your training for a race or whatever
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have just started using Runtastic also. It seems to be accurate. I have tried others like Run Tracker, but for some reason I would leave and get 5 minutes into my run and it would announce 1 mile! Wrong, even removing and re-installing the app didnt work. So far so good with Runtastic, but you have to upgrade to get voice guidance after so long.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I have used Runkeeper for almost 1.5 yrs with no problem. It's free, easy to use and pretty accurate. My only issue has been it burning up the battery on my long runs, but it's fine if you shut off the screen. I use a HRM and just manually add my workouts and calories, so do not have Runkeeper linked to MFP.