ladies.. 5'0 ..waht are your measurements and weight?

Options
hi... i am 5'0 and currently weighing 130lbs.. my measurements:
-waist:29-29.5
-hips: 40 :((
-arm: 9
-wrist:6
-neck:11.5-12
-thighs: 21.5 :((
please do any of you guys know what exercise to do to specifically target the glutes and thighs? they are my major problem :|

Replies

• marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    c'mon shorties.. i need some motivation help.. anything :(
  • ChaosLoveRage
    Options
    Anyone who tells you you can spot reduce is really lying to you. You just have to do all over exercises. Everyone's body is different. You'll have to find out what works for you. Sorry, I wasn't a lot of help. I'd try an all over body workout like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's a pain in the *kitten* and hard but, it works ALL the muscle groups.

(4'10 female ) :)
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hi. im 5'1 and currently weighing 125 we actually have pretty much the same measurements and i been wanting to work on my butt as well haha as well a tone my stomach. i know that squats lunges ans bridges are good and thats what i started to do so i hope i get good results but i would also like to hear what others have ro say. and i know that you cant spot reduce either. your body will lose where it wants to but if you keep working out you will get results it may not be right away but it will happen.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    thanks everyone:) i know that you cant spot reduce but i was just asking about some exercise that would specifically taget these muscles and tone them up a bit :) i am doing squats and lunges and wall sits..
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    please gimme some idea about your measurements :)
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are perfect for those areas to build muscles, using your body weight is good but if you can get to the gym and use a Smith machine to add weight and do squats that way, that would help tremendously to build muscle.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are perfect for those areas to build muscles, using your body weight is good but if you can get to the gym and use a Smith machine to add weight and do squats that way, that would help tremendously to build muscle.

Gym yes, smith machine no. Barbell squats for the win.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    thanks :) nowadays i am learning to do body weight squats properly...
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    bump!
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    bump!
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    bump
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Look up the clamshell exercises, I added these to squats and lunges and I think you might like the results. Now as others have said you can't spot reduce but you can wake up the muscles and feel better about the mirror. It takes work and patience but I am living proof you can get those thighs down, losing my cottage cheese butt is one of my greatest accomplishments. Good luck
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    lunges and squats
  • iqbalkaurthin
    iqbalkaurthin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try Brazil Butt Lift.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm also 5'0,I weigh around 125 at the moment,my waist is 28 inches & my thighs are 21 inches :)
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    I'm also 5'0,I weigh around 125 at the moment,my waist is 28 inches & my thighs are 21 inches :)
    i am a little bit more than you now :) what is your goal weight?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite what you're after but since not many people are replying with measurements...

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 118lbs
    Neck: 11.5
    Hips: 36.5
    Thigh: 20.5
    Bust: 35.5
    Waist (thinnest part): 26
    Navel: 30

And because I find measurements don't really mean much without a picture:

tJ90f86.jpg?1
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    thanks demorafairy:)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 125lbs, waist 29.5, hips 36-37, bust 36. I use www.fitnessblender.com & they have great free workouts for each part of your body. The biggest thing I'm trying to do is tone up & reduce body fat. Drink lots of water & make sure you're eating enough protein. Being shorter, I've always been heavy in my thighs, ive learned no one cares or notices but me! Good luck!
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Gym yes, smith machine no. Barbell squats for the win.

When I say smith machine, I am meaning the one with the barbell. It might be called something else. But it supports the barbell for you, you can put the stopper things so if you lose your balance etc... you don't get hurt. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!