don't worry you're not the only one

Options
Looking over all the posts on the message boards, it looks like I'm the only one who blew it over the holidays. I know there's someone out there who went "off the wagon" over Christmas, so I'm just letting you know that it's okay, we can just get started again. After all, Christmas only comes once a year, so don't beat yourself up too much. I have a tendency to really get down on myself but I'm trying not to do that this time, it doesn't really help anything. So here's to getting back on track today and staying on track! Off to the elliptical....

Replies

• Denise0621
    Denise0621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed this, I have gained during the past 2 weeks trying to get refocused on my goals.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing until 2014 and probably not until the second week into it. Life happens and we just need to flow with it and jump back on.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted to on the 24th and 25th, because food is delicious. The scale said I was 2 pounds heavier on the 26th, but on the 27th it's right back to where it was on the 23rd.

Don't stress too much about a couple days of indulgence. The important part is to not let it be a reason to fall off the wagon. :flowerforyou:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I not only fell off the wagon but it ran over me a few times and took off without me. Now I have to chase it down and climb back on board :grumble: :smile:
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love it. You will catch that wagin. Jeep on logging.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Your not alone. I ate without counting for about a week. Ate way too many cookies.
  • ScorpDX
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted for one meal on Christmas. Then back at it. Scale showed me up 5 pounds yesterday. Now today I'm only up 1 from before Christmas. Right back on track!
  • vld1308
    Options
    I ate far too much Christmas cake x Very bad sweet tooth. Ended up gaining 4.5 lbs over a week or so. No problem though, just try again. Does anyone have cheat days and does it work in long term weight loss?

Best Wishes
    Victoria
  • vld1308
    Options
    :smile:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    No doubt that I'm eating more than I should, but I'm training hard to reduce the damage done. Got 51 weeks after this one to put things right until next time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    You must not get on the boards much :laugh: ....there was a whole mess of people vacillating over Christmas day. But you're right...it is only one day and one day is meaningless in the grand scheme of things...I do wish more people could look at the bigger picture and get out of the minutia of day to day. That minutia will do more to derail you than any amount of eating in one day.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'm up 2.4 lbs. Some of it is water retention from drinking booze, but I have in laws visiting, so I don't plan on stepping away from the bottle quite yet. I have been tracking and been consistently over. But I have been exercising and plan to continue, which is a win in my book. Will buckle down next week (except for NYE) and hopefully the scale will go back down.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone! I feel better reading posts. I am a big food logger and broke my streak by not even logging on Christmas Day. Ate way too many cookies. They were just so good...for a while. Up a few #s. now it's time to refocus and get this on track. Have a great week!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It happens to most everyone, key is realizing it and being able to get back to the good choices you normally make. The day or two won't derail your progress if you don't let it and give up.
    I'm getting a group (team destinationfit4life) together on FB together in January as I continue my journey. It's open to anyone who is interested and wants accountability as we begin the new year.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i fell off the wagon big time.im hopin to get back on track today.the 25 & 26 i ate and ate.i logged the best i could.but i know i went well over my calories.i tried to atleast work out during those days.i know i gained weight.i dont weigh in until monday
  • PeanutButter929
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting, it helps. Here's to the New Year, and a New US (all of you, and me)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote on my Facebook feed this morning:

"Most people worry about what they eat between Christmas and New Year's when they should really be more concerned about what they're eating between New Year's and Christmas".

Hopefully you enjoyed yourself; you're definitely not alone. I went over my calories by 700-900 each day for the past 4 days. It happens, but it's what you do after the holidays that really matters!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote on my Facebook feed this morning:

"Most people worry about what they eat between Christmas and New Year's when they should really be more concerned about what they're eating between New Year's and Christmas".

Hopefully you enjoyed yourself; you're definitely not alone. I went over my calories by 700-900 each day for the past 4 days. It happens, but it's what you do after the holidays that really matters!

/thread!!!!
  • rego43
    rego43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Gosh yes. You aren't alone!