Just want to say, "Hi!"

Options
I'm new and have a long road ahead. Hope you all will help me in my journey. I want to lose weight to improve my health. Hope to get off (or reduce) blood pressure medication and improve my sleep apnea situation. This should be enough to make me raring to go, but I am still having trouble. I started Weight Watchers at Work in April and I have lost 10 pounds, but I am in the doldrums. Hoping switching to computerized record keeping will help me. I purchased a good quaility treadmill and I have been using it about 3 times a week. I hope to look at my records here and encourage myself to use it more. Looking forward to making new online friends!

Replies

• barbaradav
    Options
    I'm new and have a long road ahead. Hope you all will help me in my journey. I want to lose weight to improve my health. Hope to get off (or reduce) blood pressure medication and improve my sleep apnea situation. This should be enough to make me raring to go, but I am still having trouble. I started Weight Watchers at Work in April and I have lost 10 pounds, but I am in the doldrums. Hoping switching to computerized record keeping will help me. I purchased a good quaility treadmill and I have been using it about 3 times a week. I hope to look at my records here and encourage myself to use it more. Looking forward to making new online friends!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    This is a great place to get motivation and support when you need it. It's easier than Weight Watchers I've heard...and if you are honest with your food intake and exercize the weight should come off healthily! Warmest Welcome to you and good luck with your new journey! :flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! :bigsmile:

You've already started, and that's the hard part: So GOOD FOR YOU!! :smile:
    I really enjoy keeping track of my food on this database, it has everything. A great tool for keeping up with every calorie. And tracking exercises to see what you've accomplished in black and white is really rewarding, too. This site is terrific and I hope you find all that it has to offer. Good luck in your journey!

You can do it!!! :drinker:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    :flowerforyou: w e l c o m e ! :flowerforyou:
    You will become an MFP addict! Seriously, this is a very welcoming and supportive group. When you feel you need motivation... read the message boards. I love celebrating the successes of others. It just motivates me to push on and it reminds me that I can do it too! Good luck on your journey to healthy living!
  • barbaradav
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement. I noticed that some people are doing "challenges" to help each other stay on track. That might be interesting after I get a little more acclimated to the site.

Barbara