Spring / Summer Challenge UK

Options
Hi all

well, its that time of year where I guess if you're on this site like I am, we've all over eaten this Christmas, we're feeling full, bloated, fat, uncomfortable, and generally hating the way we look, the way we feel about ourselves and in my case what I keep doing to my body by eating so much!! I'm sat surrounded by Christmas goodies as I write this, but have just had enough of feeling this way so have to do something about it.

A bit about me - i'm 33, always suffered with weight issues since childhood, have gone up and down several times, never really feeling slim, but a lot smaller than I am now (I remember how much better I felt when I was like that!). 12 months ago I had a full hysterectomy and since have put nearly 2 stone on.

i'm not a big fan of exercise in the traditional sense, but I love ballroom and latin dancing, I like walking, and prancing around in my living room in front of a Zumba DVD :).

I'm hoping to loose over the next 6 months (need to be sensible I guess), around 2 stone. I've had enough of diets I've tried absolutely everything going and nothing seems to work long term, so I thought i'd try My Fitness Pal after a colleague used it 2 years ago, lost 3 stone by sensible eating and has kept it off ever since.

i'm looking for people to join me for support and to share my journey with. Hope you'd like to join me.

Here's to a happy New Year for everyone xx

Replies

• empy22
    empy22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would love you join you in your challenge :) I'm from the UK too, although have quite a bit more weight than you to lose! Its always good to have a buddy to keep you on track. I started MFP last year on the 26th December and did ever so well losing 32lbs but life got in the way, I stopped logging, exercising etc and it went down hill from there :( but I'm determined this year for many reasons but mainly health. I'll send you a friend request if that's ok and we can keep each other accountable!

Good luck

Emma

P.s Anyone else reading this, please feel free to add me- I will be checking in several times a day and offering encouragement/virtual kicks up the behind!
  • lawzza
    lawzza Posts: 11
    Options
    I have just over 1st to lose by May so I'm joining the challenge!
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have around 4 stone to lose.
  • DaniFN258
    DaniFN258 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm in the U.K. also. I have almost 4 stone to loose.

I'm starting to log as of 1st Jan :)
  • emmaemz1985
    emmaemz1985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm def in I have around 6 stone to lose I'm hoping to lose around a stone a month I have managed it previously so I'm hoping to have the same success only this time not give up and go back to my old eating habits x
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone Im Cam. Im in the US but Im in for the challenge. Im 35/ 170lbs...OMG cant believe I just said that.. I was pretty much 100lbs my whole life, btw what are stones?
  • emmaemz1985
    emmaemz1985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lol we use mainly stones over here huni, there are 14lbs in a stone xx
  • mel1954
    mel1954 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also in the UK and would love to join the challenge.
  • newyorkchik
    Options
    Im so glad you are alll posting regarding getting back to a healthy diet and losing weight , i have also suffered from weight loss last year i was so thin and gained it back in 6 months over 20 kilos stone GAINED , i need to loose those 20kg, and tell me about Christmas i was doing so well but since the 20th of December until now all i have been doing is binging and eating cakes , pizzas all that junk food . so i am deff in :) xxx so i literati feel like i gained alot i feel sick :S
  • vaparker85
    vaparker85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone< Happy new year to you all!
    yep count me in! I could really do with some buds to keep me going, I don't get any support at home; my daughter calls me hippopotamum...i have a lot to lose.
    Good luck everyone. X
  • Debsxxx
    Debsxxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in with this challenge, and share the journey with you all to slimdom!
    I need to get back to logging my food on MFP, as out of control over Christmas, and all the people I've 'met' have been supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • freesia83
    freesia83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm up for it too. Sitting here finishing off some chocs, feeling bloated, tired and sick. I had started on slimfast in November but I need real food. I will start my log in day on Tuesday, my day off work, I find that's the best time for my weigh in. At the moment my my spare tyre has inflated to about twice it's size + the rest. lol
  • ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    And me, 3st approx to go
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hey

im in the uk - I would love to join

I have 5st to lose
    x
  • becca1507
    Options
    Woo hoo :). I'm so pleased we're all in together. Makes it so much easier to talk to people who understand. Good luck everyone xxxx
  • hollyglanville0912
    Options
    Hi I'm in the UK too ????

Feel free to add me! I have 45lbs to lose which is just over 3 stone...
  • brighteyes1967
    Options
    Hi there,I'm in the uk,had a full hysterectomy in October this year,I too want to loose about 2 stone, please friend me so we can chat and give each other support,I have been on and off diets all my teenage years on and am now 46 a Nan of 5 and can't play as too out of breath most of the time,look forward to hearing from you.
  • Nezetta
    Options
    Count me in, I will start 8th January....the same date that I am booked into for my hysterectomy! I have just over 3 stones to loose (40lbs).
  • Gracebel
    Gracebel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    I'm a working mum of 2 girls (14 & 11) who need a fit, healthy mum as a role model. We have 2 dogs who get me out each day. I'm always full of enthusiasm & good intentions but am easily persuaded to fall from the wagon (by my thin friends who have never worried about the extra glasses of wine/cakes!!) Obviously it's me who makes the decisions so it would be nice to have support from people in similar situations. I've got 40lbs to loose & would like to do it this year. 2014 is the one!!!
    I'm in Bedfordshire & I check in a few times a day so will be there to offer support.
    Please feel free to add me.
    Gracebel (Lisa x)
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm in too. It's really helpful having uk friends. On at similar times of day and similar kinds of food logged :)

Feel free to add me.