Chicken Saltimbocca - Looks Delicious!!! 300 CALS

Options
laurenz2501
laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
Saw this in a local newspaper today and had to share!

9310525.jpg

Chicken Saltimbocca with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
16 fresh sage leaves
8 slices prosciutto
2 TBSP olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped

Heat oven to 400
Slice chicken breast in half horizontally to create 2 thin halves, then use paper towels to pat dry.
Place each piece of chicken between sheets of plastic wrap (spritz the top of each piece with cooking spray before adding the top piece of wrap), then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound to an even thickness, about 1/4 inch. Season each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then scatter some of the minced garlic over one side of each piece of chicken. Arrange 4 sage leaves over each piece of chicken. Then top with 2 slices of prosciutto and sage on the inside, roll each piece of chicken into a tight bundle. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Use tongs to carefully place each bundle, seam side down, in the skillet. Brown for 3-5 mins. Add the tomatoes and olives to the skillet, then place in the oven and roast until the bundles each reach 165F at the center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the chicken with the roasted tomatoes and olives.

300 calories!!!!
130 cals from fat, 14g fat, 90mg cholesterol; 6g carb, 1g fiber, 2g sugar, 35g protein

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Man that looks good, I am gonna try it once I rustle up all of the ingredients lol.
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Looks Delish !! Trying to get back together and this might do it.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Man that looks good, I am gonna try it once I rustle up all of the ingredients lol.

Doesn't it?! And I LOOOOOVE olives and prosciutto! Perfect recipe for me :smile: yes I have to go to the grocery store asap too!