Almost there! Wasn't easy! (Pic heavy)

Options
4pence
4pence Posts: 81 Member
I have always always wanted to make one of these threads, although I'm not at my goal yet I'm definitely not far off and thought you might like to see how I've done so far.

I started my mission to lose weight in December 2008 when I was told by a doctor I was obese (harsh) and that I needed to lose at least a stone if I wanted surgery (not weight loss surgery, something irrelevant). The first couple of years were slow, slow, slow, until at the beginning of this year I discovered the 5/2, and well, you can see the difference in results below!

This picture was a good motivator (I hope I get these right!) - I was about 80kg/176lb
This was taken December 2008

1dec08.jpg

So I was doing OK till I started uni about 10 months later - this was the beginning, I estimate I weight around 75kg/165lb
This was taken October 2009

3oct09.jpg

And so first year of uni started and I ended up where I was before by the end (about 80kg/176lb).
This was taken Jun 2010

4jun10.jpg

I started to kick myself into gear a little bit and get gymming, still found it hard. This is taken October 2010, again at around 75kg/165lb. Clearly I was doing this the very, very slow way, trying to compromise between the binging uni lifestyle and weight loss!

5oc10.jpg

This is in Jan 11, so right after Christmas. I had been going to the gym alot more since the previous image and still trying to watch what I ate

6jan11.jpg

Since the previous image my weight loss goals kind of slipped from my head, I stopped going to the gym and kept falling on my face at the food hurdle. This is August 2011 where I abandoned MFP so can't give an accurate weight, I estimate about 70kg/154lb (also I am at a wedding in this photo lol)

7aug11.jpg

For the next few months weight loss was on my mind but I was also in my last year of uni so my other priorities took precedence. Then around January (as such things happen around that time of year), I decided to face the weight loss regime again in full force. But by this point I'd gone back up to about 73kg/161lb (as you can see, I had several years of just playing about with the same 10lb! Not exactly impressive)

8jan12.jpg

Thankfully, I really did hit the gym hard but still had to try and mitigate that with the heavy drinking/takeaway uni lifestyle. Things got easier once I graduated and I had an intense cleaning job which helped me lose a great amount (that I unfortunately put it all back on). Here is me in July 2012, weighing about 68/150lb

9jul12.jpg

Here's me a couple of months later, wearing a corset so cheating a bit. Don't have a record of weight on MFP but I had just finished my cleaning job and was onto standard office job so was starting to get a bit soft again

10oct12.jpg

Anyway - here is the crucial part. I let myself go a bit the latter half of 2012, but I was again, full of determination Jan 13. I spent Jan 13 trying hard with the daily 1200 but just kept finding it hard. Then I stumbled across the 5:2 concept. Since i hadn't eaten yet that day i decided to give it a trail day and it became a habit for about a solid 7 months. Here's the results.
Beginning: Jan 13, 71kg/156lb (I'm on the right)

11jan13.jpg

April 2013, about 68kg/150lb again, yay! Can definitely notice more collarbone, I like it!

12apr13.jpg

August 2013, on holiday visit my dad in Costa Rica. Baggy clothes don't help to show that my stomach is flatter than it used to be by far (still nowhere near flat but there we go). About 63kg/139lb - biggest drop so far!
I stopped doing the 5:2 around this time as it was starting to weigh me down, though the principles I picked up from my experience fasting have generally really stuck with me, I try to have healthier options whenever able and I never really overindulge these days (my vice of the past) unless the occasion calls for it.

14aug13.jpg

Only a couple of months later at my halloween party early November 13, again I'm wearing a corset which is slightly cheating, but the corset itself feels massive on me, my legs have definitely taken a turn for the better! Also slimmer arms, I'm so pleased!
Here I weigh about 61kg/ 134.5lb

15nov13.jpg

Well, I have no decent body shot but this is the most recent picture of me, taken a week ago at my company's chrismtas party (forgive the paleness!!), weighing roughly 60kg/132lb. Christmas time again so my weight loss has stopped, going slightly on the up though! My goal is 125lb so once the festivities are over and January starts again I'm gonna kick myself back into gear, possibly 5:2 again considering how blissfully easy I found it over daily extreme restriction without wiggle room. I would really, really like to motivate myself to do some exercise, no cardio I want to tone. Though never have done such a thing before and therefore not made it habitual, I find the prospect rather daunting! When I reach my ultimate goal I shall update/make a new thread from beginning to end!

16dec13-1.jpg

And so, although I'm about 3kg/7lb away from goal, I'm massively proud of how well I have done this year (the previous years were slightly pathetic attempts to be honest), and from the bottom of me heart I know I have 5:2 to thank, I know alot of people don't like it and it doesn't work for them, but for me, nothing could have done me better and I'm so so glad I undertook it. In the year I have been doing it (well, I stuck to it for 7 months and the rest has been me alone), I have lost about 12kg/26lb. So, if anyone out there is finding losing/staying to 1.2k calories a day solidly, I really recommend you check it out - it did everything for me!

Good luck, I really hope this has motivated someone else to do what I thought would never be a possibility!

Replies

• bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your IMG tags need to be changed to lower case img in order to work! :)
  • 4pence
    Options
    Thanks lol, I keep attacking my post to try and make it work!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I have always always wanted to make one of these threads, although I'm not at my goal yet I'm definitely not far off and thought you might like to see how I've done so far.

I started my mission to lose weight in December 2008 when I was told by a doctor I was obese (harsh) and that I needed to lose at least a stone if I wanted surgery (not weight loss surgery, something irrelevant). The first couple of years were slow, slow, slow, until at the beginning of this year I discovered the 5/2, and well, you can see the difference in results below!

This picture was a good motivator (I hope I get these right!) - I was about 80kg/176lb
    This was taken December 2008

1dec08.jpg

So I was doing OK till I started uni about 10 months later - this was the beginning, I estimate I weight around 75kg/165lb
    This was taken October 2009

3oct09.jpg

And so first year of uni started and I ended up where I was before by the end (about 80kg/176lb).
    This was taken Jun 2010

4jun10.jpg

I started to kick myself into gear a little bit and get gymming, still found it hard. This is taken October 2010, again at around 75kg/165lb. Clearly I was doing this the very, very slow way, trying to compromise between the binging uni lifestyle and weight loss!

5oc10.jpg

This is in Jan 11, so right after Christmas. I had been going to the gym alot more since the previous image and still trying to watch what I ate

6jan11.jpg

Since the previous image my weight loss goals kind of slipped from my head, I stopped going to the gym and kept falling on my face at the food hurdle. This is August 2011 where I abandoned MFP so can't give an accurate weight, I estimate about 70kg/154lb (also I am at a wedding in this photo lol)

7aug11.jpg

For the next few months weight loss was on my mind but I was also in my last year of uni so my other priorities took precedence. Then around January (as such things happen around that time of year), I decided to face the weight loss regime again in full force. But by this point I'd gone back up to about 73kg/161lb (as you can see, I had several years of just playing about with the same 10lb! Not exactly impressive)

8jan12.jpg

Thankfully, I really did hit the gym hard but still had to try and mitigate that with the heavy drinking/takeaway uni lifestyle. Things got easier once I graduated and I had an intense cleaning job which helped me lose a great amount (that I unfortunately put it all back on). Here is me in July 2012, weighing about 68/150lb

9jul12.jpg

Here's me a couple of months later, wearing a corset so cheating a bit. Don't have a record of weight on MFP but I had just finished my cleaning job and was onto standard office job so was starting to get a bit soft again

10oct12.jpg

Anyway - here is the crucial part. I let myself go a bit the latter half of 2012, but I was again, full of determination Jan 13. I spent Jan 13 trying hard with the daily 1200 but just kept finding it hard. Then I stumbled across the 5:2 concept. Since i hadn't eaten yet that day i decided to give it a trail day and it became a habit for about a solid 7 months. Here's the results.
    Beginning: Jan 13, 71kg/156lb (I'm on the right)

11jan13.jpg

April 2013, about 68kg/150lb again, yay! Can definitely notice more collarbone, I like it!

12apr13.jpg

August 2013, on holiday visit my dad in Costa Rica. Baggy clothes don't help to show that my stomach is flatter than it used to be by far (still nowhere near flat but there we go). About 63kg/139lb - biggest drop so far!
    I stopped doing the 5:2 around this time as it was starting to weigh me down, though the principles I picked up from my experience fasting have generally really stuck with me, I try to have healthier options whenever able and I never really overindulge these days (my vice of the past) unless the occasion calls for it.

14aug13.jpg

Only a couple of months later at my halloween party early November 13, again I'm wearing a corset which is slightly cheating, but the corset itself feels massive on me, my legs have definitely taken a turn for the better! Also slimmer arms, I'm so pleased!
    Here I weigh about 61kg/ 134.5lb

15nov13.jpg

Well, I have no decent body shot but this is the most recent picture of me, taken a week ago at my company's chrismtas party (forgive the paleness!!), weighing roughly 60kg/132lb. Christmas time again so my weight loss has stopped, going slightly on the up though! My goal is 125lb so once the festivities are over and January starts again I'm gonna kick myself back into gear, possibly 5:2 again considering how blissfully easy I found it over daily extreme restriction without wiggle room. I would really, really like to motivate myself to do some exercise, no cardio I want to tone. Though never have done such a thing before and therefore not made it habitual, I find the prospect rather daunting! When I reach my ultimate goal I shall update/make a new thread from beginning to end!

16dec13-1.jpg

And so, although I'm about 3kg/7lb away from goal, I'm massively proud of how well I have done this year (the previous years were slightly pathetic attempts to be honest), and from the bottom of me heart I know I have 5:2 to thank, I know alot of people don't like it and it doesn't work for them, but for me, nothing could have done me better and I'm so so glad I undertook it. So, if anyone out there is finding losing/staying to 1.2k calories a day solidly, I really recommend you check it out - it did everything for me!

Good luck, I really hope this has motivated someone else to do what I thought would never be a possibility!

There you go:smile:

ETA: Awesome work!!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. Keep the focus :)
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    Wonderful transformation. Great motivation.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    haha we all wanted to help :laugh: great job
  • 4pence
    Options
    Thanks for the fix Ophidion!

And for the comments everyone, thanks so much :)
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think you were beautiful at your heaviest weight, and now. Good work.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    vNYiyhk.jpg
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey... This was inspiring.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    original-1.gif
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Tha'ts fantastic!!! You look just great!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You have had great persistence over the years.
    Practice makes perfect!
    As you get older, and your life becomes even busier,
    refer to these photos often, so you can KEEP it off.

Best wishes!
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You should be proud great job on your weight loss!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You really are beautiful! I'm at 130 lbs. and 125 lbs. is my GW, also. Good luck to both of us in the next month, or two! :flowerforyou:
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Great job...you did not give up and kept going!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! :flowerforyou: Great job!!!!
  • RNfitgurl
    RNfitgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!