How to get rid of big hips and thighs ladies???

Options
2»

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Don't make the earwarmers too small.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, strength training/lifting weights, time, patience

This, please. I also walk (I never run...I've missed a few buses in my time, actually, lol) when I need a little extra stress relief on days I'm resting from strength training. Training your upper body will also balance you out visually. (And nice strong shoulders and arms are mighty sexy, too!)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 and got down to 154 and lost 10 inches off my hips and each thigh. I'm pregnant now and hoping not to undo all the good work!

I just did a combination of lots of things - strength training, spinning, Zumba, boxercise, aerobics, step, LBT, walking.....

Oh, and I found when I increased my calories from 1200 to 1500 that made a difference.
  • BreeJaxon
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, lots of PATIENCE and due diligence!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just be patient and keep reducing body fat. Do some resistance exercise to retain your muscle. I lose from the top down too, but once I got to low enough body fat it became a lot less noticeable.
  • evilangelwings
    evilangelwings Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once a pear, always a pear. I still have a 10-11" difference between my waist and my hips. It's just that after several years of yoga, running, weight lifting, and a calorie deficit, the numbers are 25-35 instead of 31-42.

Lifting weights to define your upper body/shoulders can make a pear shape look more flattering.

Ditto for part 1 and I'm working on part 2 :)
  • PerkyJazz
    Options
    Hi! New poster here.

Yep, no spot reducing, unfortunately. And I read somewhere that for body fat, it's a case of last in, first out. I've been a pear-shape since forever so I've pretty much accepted the fact that those areas would be the last to slim down *sigh*. Oh well, best try not to think about it and just enjoy your workouts. I always tell myself that I go to the gym for my health and not to lose weight. Yet I'm losing weight anyway, so it's all great! Just keep going and you'll be fine. :)
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    If you're going to put in the time to exercise and diet, you should put in the time to read about it so that you know what you have to do to get to where you want to be. I would recommend New Rules of Lifting for Women. Really basic, easy to read book about exercise and dieting. Even if you don't decide to lift, or for that matter even if you don't use the exercise routine at the very end of the book, the info in the first 3/4ths is invaluable.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Hi guys right now i weigh 165 lbs and i want to get to 120 lbs so 45 lbs to go!! Woohooo... But at my heaviest i weighed 190lbs so, so far ive lost 25lbs but even though im losing weight i dont see MUCH difference in my hips and thighs... As you can tell im a stubborn pear shape and i know most women suffer from this horrible... "disease" (men u dont understand!!!). So if you understand what im going through and you've changed those areas can you please give me the exercises, tips etc that you used to get rid of them (not get rid just tone and smallen) thanks a lot!

I can give you some tips if you trust a man can understand? :tongue:
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Unless you run out and get liposuction in just that area you're just going to have to be patient. Wouldn't be called "working out" if it wasn't work. So just stick with a program and be really mindful of deficit. I know we all want faster results but we didn't gain or get out of shape overnight so it takes time to undo the changes and get healthier