Fitbit

Options
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has a fitbit? Is it helpful? Worth the $130? Please share your reviews.

Thanks,

Toula :-)

Replies

• ohyaynj
    Options
    I also want to know this!! :blushing:
  • theoncomingstorm1
    Options
    I have a One and I love it. Definitely worth it.
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Force and I love it! It helps to get an idea of how many calories and steps you do in a day so you can eat accordingly.
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've only had my flex for a few days (can't get the force here yet) but I love it! It shows how quickly your daily activity adds to your daily calorie burn and makes you want to be more active.
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    Go on Amazon, they're cheaper there!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love mine but one word of caution. It says it is waterproof, and I sure got the impression it was for 24/7 wearing (tracks sleep etc.). But if you have sensitive skin or aren't thinking, as I was not, you may develop a nice, nasty skin infection wearing it that way.

From now on, it comes off before my shower or washing dishes..no wearing it wet for me.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I credit most of my weight loss and maintenance to my Fitbit One.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I prefer the One. And you can find them for $85-$90.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a One, and I love it! It challenges me to reach for my step goal, my climb goal, and my active minutes goal. I love it! It's also motivated me to get up and work out early so I not only meet, but exceed my step goals every day.
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just got the One and I have NO clue how it works or what I am supposed to do with it for it to help me. lol
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love it. 2 years now.

Bought 6 more for family members. We all compete on the 7 day step leaderboard, sending taunts and cheers and "competitive" messages to each other.

On Christmas Day, there were 8 fitbits in the room! :)
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I had a One and currently use a Flex. I also have the Aria scale.
    Loved my One, until it took a total crap on me after only having it for 4 months. FitBit customer service was great and sent me a new One right away, which worked until I lost the charger for it! (UGH) My only qualm with the One is that it worked a lot better with the 4.0 firmware. When the update to 6.6 came out, that was when I started having all sorts of problems with it (battery only lasts a few days as opposed to a few weeks, the tracker would randomly turn off or reboot for no reason, the display would freeze up and not track anything)
    So, I'm now using the Flex, which I really like. I do like how the Force looks, but I'm content with the Flex.

good luck!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I love my One! Keeps me motivated to reach goals and keeps me honest when it takes calories away from me at the end of the day because I was a big lazy schlubb.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit one for Christmas (only $99 and it clips to my bra so it's not visible). So far, I really really like it! It motivates me to not sit around all day!
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wife surprised me with one on Christmas and I'm hooked on it already. I had no idea it would be as useful as it already has proved to be. I recommend it.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Go on Amazon, they're cheaper there!
    THIS, and free two day shipping with Prime!
  • paulshelley
    paulshelley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has lots of different models. Some track stairs climbed, some don't. If you don't plan to incorporate stairs into your routine, save the oney and buy the version that doesn't track stairs.
    For me, more importantly, some clip to your belt/bra, some go around your wrist. I have never lost the wrist kind. The belt/bra kind I have misplaced several times when it popped out of the almost useless belt clip.
    I have found Amazon is almost always cheaper, except in the case of the Force. The Fitbit website is cheaper for that.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I used to have the FitBit Ultra but it ran away from home. I immediately replaced it with the FitBit One. Amazing motivator but I would stay away from the wrist mounted ones since they tend to be less accurate with activities when your hand is stable, like cycling.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have had a fit bit one since February and just got the Fit Bit Force. I have not activated the Force yet, intend to do it tonight. I got both of them from my daughter.
    It is the single, best motivator that I have to get me to move more.

I absolutely love it and I am going to use them both and see how they compare, if they both get the same numbers.
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one since April and love it - I paid about £80. It syncs with MFP, counts steps and calories burned, measures flights of stairs because it measures altitude, has an alarm and has a wristband to wear at night to measure your sleep quality. This was a big eye opener for me as I didn't realise how much I was waking up before cos of my OH's snoring lol. And it only needs charged about once per week for 20 mins so pop it on charge while your in the shower and you're ready to go again. And you can set it to measure activity during exercise so it knows it's not just counting steps during that period of activity. It's also discreet, I wear mine on my bra or if I have jeans on I wear it in the pocket so no fear of losing it.