30 YEARS OLD AND IT WON'T COME OFF!!!

Options
Hey all! I am looking for like minded people to "friend" for motivation and support or maybe just aquick laugh for the day. I have never really been what you would call "fit". I have never been drastically overweight growing up - just comfortable in my own body...until recently. After kids and college and work; all of the stress eating...everything has officially caught up with me and my metabolism has went to the crapper. Stepping on the scale today I am considered obese for the first time in my life(Pretty sure it has been this way a while just not consciously aware) I really need to stop this and start eating cleaner, healthier, and smaller! Now is as good a time as any:) Who's with me?

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! it CAN come off! I'm 47 and pushing to be in my best shape ever. Its a process for sure, but darn it I AM and I WILL.

Glad to have you join in!

Nancy

oh shoot... I keep forgetting. I'm 48 now.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    one at a time and it will come off. no matter your age. im 37, trust me, its coming off just fine.
  • nancy_1968
    Options
    We are all in it for the same reason! Chin up and keep at it. Alot of changes we all need to make but if we stick together and support each other we can reach our goals, not matter how big or small they are!!!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    it can and will come off but, you gotta want it. cleaner eating, cardio...it will.
  • AprilJG79
    AprilJG79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I could lose weight for a long time. I just excepted it, but then the extra weight was causing back and knee issues and that was my breaking point. I've lost 50lbs in 6 months from diet and exercise. I want to lose another 50. Motivation and accountability is great. It does help when you have others in the same boat cheering you on.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Do it, do it, do it, do it! Haha. Hey, you can do it. Like I tell my four-year old, "Hey, we don't say I can't...we say, it's hard...but I will try harder." :)

Good luck!
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm 32 and also struggling with weight loss. It really does take time, thats me at a stone loss but it's taken me about 9 months to reach that, so just keep going with it don't get disheartened and keep pushing. Feel free to add me for support and giggles along the way :D xx
  • MissPuffy82
    Options
    Thanks Guys! Not meaning to sound like I can never get the weight off... it just doesnt come off as easily as it once did:) Without any sort of effort i mean...now I have let it go far to long and I fear alot of hard work and sweat is ahead of me to get myself in shape! But I CAN DO IT! :)
  • MissPuffy82
    Options
    Just realized I am 31 now..lol ugh! Can't even seem to remember my own age! lol... selective memory i believe:)
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yep feels harder once over 30 but slow and steady wins the race, every pound pushes you closer to your goal! I'm with you if you want to add me, same for anyone, I'm always here to support and be supported :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm 36.5, and it's coming off. Slowly, but still coming off.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Slow and steady wins the race. I can't lose weight with just diet alone so I really do know where you are coming from. I have sent you a friend request so we can help support each other. Anyone feel free to add me!