Does Lipozene really work?

Options
OMG these commercials every damn night when I am trying to watch I love lucy on Hallmark all they do is talk about Lipozene.. It is making me want to get it but I can't afford it. But I really wanna know does it really work? Has anyone ever tried it before or have the erdge to try it??

LOL it feels like commercials won't stop showing the product until I buy it..

Because when I bought the hair bean the commercial stopped showing.. So yah..

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as get rich quick (or get skinny fast). Maybe it does help but do you want to deal with side effects? And then later when you haven't learn to eat properly do you want to put it all back on again?

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Yah. I will never buy it..
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried it and lost weight, when I stopped taking it I gained the weight back and was VERY jittery! They are right, slow and steady wins the race.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Don't bother...don't waste your money on this....use that money to get a manicure or a pedicure for yourself.
  • lindamac101
    Options
    That stuff or any quick fix is a big fraud, diet and exercise is the only way to go.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It works to make you wanna buy it..
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    That's why they market to that time period... Not to offend anyone here, but studies show that the overweight, depressed, lazy, etc stay up late watching reruns or whatever.. also those that are out of work... which is why you see debt consolidation, diet plans, and money making plans at that time instead of during the day... those demographics are the most likely to go for these things.

Don't be part of the marketed "stupidity masses" ;)
  • VegasBartender28
    Options
    The original question was not "does lipozene have a good marketing department?" It was "does Lipozene work?" If you haven't tried the product you can't (and shouldn't) answer the question.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Got a bridge to sell ya...
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I think they show the tiny print that this pill works along with a diet and exercise plan. so well of course anything is gonna work like that. **hint** its the diet and exercise plan that really causes the weight loss.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The original question was not "does lipozene have a good marketing department?" It was "does Lipozene work?" If you haven't tried the product you can't (and shouldn't) answer the question.
    Wrong. It's up to the person (company) making the claim to provide evidence that it works.
    You can assume it doesn't until the evidence is provided.
    See: snakeoil
  • disneymom4ever
    Options
    Lipozene is Amorphophallus konjac. It's a fiber that, when you drink a bunch of water while taking it, will swell up and make you feel full. That's about all it does for you. It's not magic. Any fiber rich food will do the same for you.
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's why they market to that time period... Not to offend anyone here, but studies show that the overweight, depressed, lazy, etc stay up late watching reruns or whatever.. also those that are out of work... which is why you see debt consolidation, diet plans, and money making plans at that time instead of during the day... those demographics are the most likely to go for these things.

Don't be part of the marketed "stupidity masses" ;)
    WOW! smart woman, u understand !
  • ShaoTrommashere
    Options
    I use Lipozene and it has worked in conjunction with being a smart eater and doing exercise. The full feeling from the fiber swelling up helps to curb snacking and I had no issues when I went off of it for a few months; I just kept up with smart eating and exercise.

I think it's good for first time dieters who need to learn portion control; I thought my portions were fine, but I was drastically wrong. My "diet" portions were way off the mark and once I learned what a good portion was, I stuck to it even without the magic pill.

The big thing is, you have to diet and exercise, not just sit on your butt and eat Fritos line the commercial says you can.
  • spydergirl47
    spydergirl47 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with what ShaoTrommashe said. The ingredient in Lipozene does work in giving you that full feeling. I haven't lost any weight yet (been on it for a week), but it does good in curbing my portions as an appetite supressor. I eat very well (there is no junk food in my house) and already eat a diet pretty high in fiber (about 30g a day or more). I also regularly excercise.

A little background on me.... I struggled with weight from a young age (10) and when I was 26 I opted to have gastric bypass surgery when I had hit 290lbs!! I am down to 150 and would like to lose about 10 - 15 pounds. I am 5'3".

I got Glucomannan (Lipozene) to help with my blood sugar mainly. I have reactive hypoglycemia which is a huge reason why I have struggled with weight. I figured if it helped me also lose the couple extra pounds I'm carrying around, great! If not, then at least I know I'm keeping my blood sugar from being all out of whack.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I like the actors in that commercial. Its funny that the same commercial had been on for years and they have used the same people. They arent even trying to make it look real.
  • breemarie87
    Options
    word! :)
  • deeonlyexception
    Options
    What about those working two jobs going to school and staying/waking up late with a baby...thats why I keep seeing it.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    It's just fiber. 1.5g per capsule. I think the directions say to take 2 capsules 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm not completely sure. So, basically, you're taking 3g of fiber 30 minutes before meals.

If you buy it from Wal-Mart, probably the cheapest source, it is $19.88 for 60 tablets (10 days). Or, $1.99/day.

For the same price, you can get 180 doses of Metamucil, probably cheaper if you didn't mind the brand name and shopped around. Each dose has 5g of fiber (3g insoluble, 2g soluble). So, one dose in a full glass of water, 30 minutes before each meal, means you have 60 days worth. That's $0.33/day. And, I am willing to bet it is just as effective as wasting your money on Lipozene.

Of course, you don't need to fill your stomach with fiber before you eat to control yourself. But, if you want to... don't waste your money on magic pills.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Just read the print at the bottom of every Lipozene add. The people on the commercials are non-typical results ... reported results include altering exercise and diet (just what the commercials say you don't have to do) ... the placebo group's loss was within five pounds on average in their own "study" ... but that only matters if you pay attention to details.