I couldn't bear to throw my skinny clothes away.

Options
Hello, I just set up my account here on My Fitness Pal. I wish I could say that my motivation came from wanting better health or a renewed sense of self, or something that sounds profound. The truth is that I set out to clean my closet this morning. It was time to donate all of the clothes that I have not been able to fit into the last few years. I just couldn't do it. I like those old clothes much better than the fat clothes I have been wearing these last few years. Plus size clothing just isn't as cute as "normal" size clothing. Instead of tossing my old skinny clothes, I decided to lose some weight and will hopefully be donating my size 16, 18, and 20 jeans in a few months. Please wish me luck!

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to get rid of skinny jeans. I actually still have some jeans from when I was 18 that I just recently was able to get back into so that was a huge accomplishment. I got rid of my 16s and 14s and 12s because I don't plan on fitting into those again. I think that keeping old clothes is really a great way of encouraging yourself and it helps to see you progress when you're able to put some old jean on again. I still have an additional 30lbs to lose right now because I unfortunately have high blood pressure to I have to lose more. I have sent you a friend request. Lets help and support each other on our journeys. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I kept my skinny clothes from when I was 24/25 and got back into them age 35, after having 2 kids. So pleased I kept them! They were all lovely clothes bought pre mortgage and pre kids, so nice brands.

Now I'm pregnant with no.3 and I'm definitely keeping my skinny clothes! I WILL get back into them!
  • Megislosingit
    Options
    Soooo many pairs of skinny jeans in my closet. I'm very excited to be able to get into them again
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Not me. I do a sweep once a year. If it don't fit right now, it's gone. However, I don't buy clothes but twice a year :wink:

When I get to my goal weight, I'll treat myself to a new wardrobe. :drinker:
  • seltzermint5
    Options
    hahaha the only "skinny" clothes I ever had would be from age 13 -- so 24 years later they wouldn't really work. I am the smallest I have been since that time.

Good luck to you, though!!
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!! This is YOU standing up and saying you are ready to commit to yourself and get back into those skinny jeans! Don't get discouraged...I've seen so many people accomplish their goals but give yourself 6 months - 1 year. Stay commited and you'll get to where you wanna be. And then when you do, post a pic of yourself on MFP in those skinny jeans!! :)
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    good luck girl, this is the best place to start, if u want you can add me as a friend :smile: