GRRRRRR!!!!

Options
I had all my food planned out, logged, packed for me here at work.... and someone decides to bring yummy treats!!!!!! I couldn't resist. :sad: Why cant i have the will power to just avoid it all together. Now Ive ate my lunch and im actually quite miserable because of everything ive eaten.... ugh. I seriously can't wait for the holiday treats to be gone.... hope to find my will power/restraint before they return!!!

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    That's always a tough one. Even if you avoid having the goodies in your house, someone always brings them to work! It can be frustrating, because the fact that everyone else is eating them too, makes it feel like you should, just to be part of the group. Plus they're tasty!
    Just remember, today is only one day. Tomorrow you'll do great and not eat that stuff. Don't condemn yourself for one little slip. Get back on that horse and ride!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to learn portion control. You can enjoy your treats so long as you don't gorge yourself on them.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That was the hardest part for me, snacking on stuff and I have huge sweet tooth. I just have to say Nay!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to learn portion control. You can enjoy your treats so long as you don't gorge yourself on them.

Thiiiiiiiiiis. There's caramel popcorn in the back office! I ain't touched it today! (we won't count yesterday and wednesday into that, k? :wink: )
  • almosttime14
    Options
    That was the hardest part for me, snacking on stuff and I have huge sweet tooth. I just have to say Nay!

thats my problem, i usually am pretty good about it but today was just not my day...
  • almosttime14
    Options
    That's always a tough one. Even if you avoid having the goodies in your house, someone always brings them to work! It can be frustrating, because the fact that everyone else is eating them too, makes it feel like you should, just to be part of the group. Plus they're tasty!
    Just remember, today is only one day. Tomorrow you'll do great and not eat that stuff. Don't condemn yourself for one little slip. Get back on that horse and ride!

Exactly! i don't keep that kind of food in my house LOL it's just frustrating when i planned to do so well today... you're right tho, tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i usually don't have problems at work, mainly because i am by myself most of the day out on the road. my issue is at home because my wife's friend always has to make a cake for us and it's always there. i have resisted it so far except on Christmas day. plus there was fudge. i did fall to the fudge but thankfully it's gone. I hate to waste my calories on sweets. I feel like I am blowing them on empty calories.
  • bellalee426
    bellalee426 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I think lots of people are having the same feelings! I'm all about giving myself a piece of candy or cookie on occasion, but when you see them at work everyday its hard (for me personally) to resist. When I'm home I keep nothing of the sort in my house, so temptation is no where around.
    Just before you posted this I had someone bring me in another box of chocolates for "the new year". Geez thanks lol

Hang in there - it's almost over!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Exactly! i don't keep that kind of food in my house LOL it's just frustrating when i planned to do so well today... you're right tho, tomorrow is a new day! :)

Don't wait for tomorrow...just make the rest of the day be what you want it to be.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

thats my problem, i usually am pretty good about it but today was just not my day...

If it is an occasional thing, then don't even worry about it. :)
  • almosttime14
    Options
    i usually don't have problems at work, mainly because i am by myself most of the day out on the road. my issue is at home because my wife's friend always has to make a cake for us and it's always there. i have resisted it so far except on Christmas day. plus there was fudge. i did fall to the fudge but thankfully it's gone. I hate to waste my calories on sweets. I feel like I am blowing them on empty calories.

I know what you mean!!
  • almosttime14
    Options

Don't wait for tomorrow...just make the rest of the day be what you want it to be.

This is true! i have the rest of today already planned out...and I PLAN on not having anything that's not in my meal plan for the day again today!!! i might try and squeeze in a workout or a walk with my son later... weather permitting.
  • almosttime14
    Options

If it is an occasional thing, then don't even worry about it. :)

My co workers have pot lucks all the time, Im usually good about avoiding them all together but just not today. Im not worried about it, just whining :)
  • almosttime14
    Options
    I feel your pain! I think lots of people are having the same feelings! I'm all about giving myself a piece of candy or cookie on occasion, but when you see them at work everyday its hard (for me personally) to resist. When I'm home I keep nothing of the sort in my house, so temptation is no where around.
    Just before you posted this I had someone bring me in another box of chocolates for "the new year". Geez thanks lol

Hang in there - it's almost over!

Oh NO! LOL yeah, that's exactly how I am but almost everyday someone has brought something and Ive been pretty good, just couldn't resist it today!
  • almosttime14
    Options

Thiiiiiiiiiis. There's caramel popcorn in the back office! I ain't touched it today! (we won't count yesterday and wednesday into that, k? :wink: )

AHAHAHA! i usually walk in the other direction of the treats LOL
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I had all my food planned out, logged, packed for me here at work.... and someone decides to bring yummy treats!!!!!! I couldn't resist. :sad: Why cant i have the will power to just avoid it all together. Now Ive ate my lunch and im actually quite miserable because of everything ive eaten.... ugh. I seriously can't wait for the holiday treats to be gone.... hope to find my will power/restraint before they return!!!

This journey is about the long haul not the day to day. Today was a bad day. Its ok. It happens to us all...Tomorrow BEAST IT!!!! You will get thru this if you just remember faltering happens..do you best to recover and make it a learning experience. Good luck!
  • Annie_01
    Options

See...you are back on track...problem solved. When you have reached your goal weight...this morning will not have mattered...you probably won't even remember it.

Okay...let you in on a secret. I ate tooooooo big of a snack this morning...thought about waiting until tomorrow to hit it...then told myself...why not the rest of the day!

Sometimes we beat ourselves up over nothing...I don't know...maybe we just need a few minutes of a pity party.

This is true! i have the rest of today already planned out...and I PLAN on not having anything that's not in my meal plan for the day again today!!! i might try and squeeze in a workout or a walk with my son later... weather permitting.
  • Annie_01
    Options

Ooops....wrong quote...

See...you are back on track...problem solved. When you have reached your goal weight...this morning will not have mattered...you probably won't even remember it.

Okay...let you in on a secret. I ate tooooooo big of a snack this morning...thought about waiting until tomorrow to hit it...then told myself...why not the rest of the day!

Sometimes we beat ourselves up over nothing...I don't know...maybe we just need a few minutes of a pity party.
  • pierrena
    Options
    “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
    ― Ann Wigmore

The Importance of Fitness and Nutrition in Our Lives http://1topnew.blogspot.com/2013/11/fitness_17.html
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When there are unhealthy foods readily available and I am tempted, I try to remember a saying that my mother used to have posted on her fridge. Essentially it says that a chief source of unhappiness is giving up what we want most in the future for what we can have right now.

Last few days with goodies all over the place (visited 3 other homes of family members on XMAS day alone and we're invited to another on Sunday and of course the workplace is filled with treats people have brought in). I've had to be strong willed but I'm motivated that I am so damned close to my target weight (only a few pounds away now) that I've been able to resist.

But if you've had a bad day today, then don't beat yourself up about it. Living healthily is a long term process and one day shouldn't completely ruin you. Just get up tomorrow and tell yourself that you'll eat healthy choices and exercise and you are going to get back on track.